Sales Email

RDimitrova

Why does an Error status occur in sequence?

SOLVE

We've had three sequences that have been stopped on step 3 from the sequences, due to an "Error". When we navigate to the analyze section for the respective sequences, it shows simply "Error". The first two steps were issued properly and in step 3, all of the emails were not sent due to an "Error". Is there any way we can figure out what has happened? In addition, is there any way we can renew the sequences?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@RDimitrova that has to be frustrating. Have you messaged support with screenshots or shared your screen on a call with them? I'd also look at this Troubleshoot Sequence Enrollment Issues resource to see if it helps. 

Is step 3 a task, or after a task? Did you check the "continue without completing task" box? That could be affecting it, perhaps.

danmoyle_0-1664198699157.png

As for renewing the sequence, you can re-enroll contacts, or if you're concerned about the repetitive nature of that, I'd suggest a new sequence that picks up where this one left off. There's not a "enroll at this step" action I'm aware of. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@RDimitrova that has to be frustrating. Have you messaged support with screenshots or shared your screen on a call with them? I'd also look at this Troubleshoot Sequence Enrollment Issues resource to see if it helps. 

Is step 3 a task, or after a task? Did you check the "continue without completing task" box? That could be affecting it, perhaps.

danmoyle_0-1664198699157.png

As for renewing the sequence, you can re-enroll contacts, or if you're concerned about the repetitive nature of that, I'd suggest a new sequence that picks up where this one left off. There's not a "enroll at this step" action I'm aware of. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
RDimitrova

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle

Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated. 

I just spoke with the HubSpot support team and that's exactly what they advised. There is an option to re-enroll the contacts into the same sequence and select the correct step for their next step and start where we left off. So for us, this would be at Step 3, but there is no way to re-start a sequence, which might be a good point for HubSpot to consider. Sometimes, there are sequences with more than 300-500 contacts and it's painful to re-enroll them in case an issue like this happens. In our case,  it turned out that during an internal update or sth, my email inbox appeared to have been disconnected. So even though I fixed the issue asap, the sequences cannot be re-started. 

danmoyle

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @RDimitrova and the extra info. Did you know you can add ideas like this to this forum and get upvotes? The product team monitors and they're awesome. 

Good luck on the clean up. 😧 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes