Sales Email

AineMc
Participant

Who Is the Email sent from in a sequence?

SOLVE

Hi I am just wondering if anyone can help with this. Who is the email sent from when a sequence is created? Is it the person who creates the sequence or is the sender the person who enrols a contact in the sequence?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AineMc,

@AineMc wrote:

Thank you. So am I right in saying, if I create a sequence but other colleagues are enrolling their owned contacts in my sequence, the emails will come from my email address?

That is not correct, the emails will be coming from the (connected personal email inbox of the) user who enrolls the contact into the sequence – not from the user who created the sequence.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AineMc ,

The sequences will always sent from the personal email address which is connected to that particular account.
Here how you cam connect you personal email:

• Click the settings icon settings in your HubSpot account
  • Go to General
  • Click the Email tab. 
  • Click Connect personal email.

This will be email id that will used in sending the emails sequences. 

And also you can enroll the contacts from the same account you have created the sequence in.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
MKaufman2
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @webdew any ideas on how to change the from?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AineMc,

Sequences will always be sent through your connected personal email – even if the sequence was created by another user. In fact, it's not even possible (at this stage) to send a sequence on behalf of another user, even if you wanted to. (Users have requested that this be possible in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.)

In case you're asking because you want to send an email on behalf of someone else: that's possible in marketing emails.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

smoore
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

The sequence owner is the sender and the email signature can include personalization tokens. Here is more info. HubSpot KB on Sequences

HubSpot Community Signatures.png

Sandy Moore
AineMc
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. So am I right in saying, if I create a sequence but other colleagues are enrolling their owned contacts in my sequence, the emails will come from my email address?

Thanks,

Aine

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AineMc,

@AineMc wrote:

That is not correct, the emails will be coming from the (connected personal email inbox of the) user who enrolls the contact into the sequence – not from the user who created the sequence.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AineMc
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler wrote:

Hi @AineMc,

@AineMc wrote:

Best regards!

Thank you very much!!

AineMc
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!! 

0 Upvotes