Sales Email

topbots

Unable to login to Hubspot Wordpress plugin

SOLVE

I'm unable to move past the login page for the Hubspot Wordpress plugin. Once installed, I see the login page, click "Sign in normally" which then opens a separate browser tab (in Chrome) with the regular Hubspot website login, which I'm able to use just fine. However, refreshing the login page within Wordpress does not actually lead to account access, all it does is just refresh the login page. Thus, I'm unable to even get to the UI stage where I input my Hubspot ID. 

Any advice on how to move past this bug? I've already tried clearing the Wordpress and the browser cache. Our website does also use Cloudflare as the CDN, which I have also cleared with no result. 

3 Accepted solutions
alexluna
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

I had the same issue when using Chrome. I then installed Firefox and opened it, loggedin to my Hubspot account, then to my Wordpress site admin account and finnaly when I accessed the Hubspot plugin page there it already reconized my Hubspot credentials and I was able to finish the setup process and connect Hubspot and Wordpress.

I hope this works for you as well.

Best,

Alex

View solution in original post

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I figured out the possibility for myself and it's not a browser issue, after all.

Something most of us probably didn't take into consideration was the privacy extensions that are running. I was running AdBlocker and Ghostery's in Chrome and Safari. When I tried using Firefox, as suggested above, I had no issues.

Then it dawned on me, that maybe, idea!

I authorized my domain in settings "yoursite.com/*" so AdBlocker and Ghostery's would not prevent HubSpot tracking.

As soon as the page refreshed -- I no further issues with the HubSpot LeadIn plugin. 

I hope this helps everyone 😄

Happy Easter

TotalChem
Solution

SOLVE

Hi

Just wanted to drop you a note as it may help, i was having the same issue and im using Microsoft Edge Browser, i went to privacy setting and change to Balanced, refreshed page and all fine

Regards 

21 Replies 21
VQuiron

SOLVE

It seems like you're encountering an issue with the HubSpot WordPress plugin, where you're unable to progress past the login page within WordPress. To address this problem, you can follow these steps:

1. Verify HubSpot API Key: Make sure you have entered the correct HubSpot API key within the plugin's settings in your WordPress dashboard. An incorrect API key could prevent successful authentication.

2. Check Browser Cookies: Sometimes, browser cookies can cause authentication issues. Ensure that your browser is set to accept cookies, and that your browser extensions or settings are not blocking necessary cookies.

3. Update WordPress and Plugins: Ensure that your WordPress installation and the HubSpot plugin are up-to-date. An outdated plugin might not work well with the latest WordPress version.

4. Deactivate Other Plugins: Conflicts between plugins can sometimes prevent proper functionality. Deactivate other plugins one by one to check if any of them are causing the issue.

5. Theme Compatibility: Switch to a default WordPress theme (e.g., Twenty Twenty-One) temporarily to rule out any conflicts with your current theme.

6. HubSpot Support: Reach out to HubSpot's support team for assistance. They might be able to provide specific guidance on resolving the issue, especially if it's a known problem.

7. Browser Testing: Try accessing the login page from a different web browser to see if the issue persists. This can help identify whether the problem is browser-specific.

8. Firewall and CDN Settings: Check your Cloudflare settings to ensure they are not causing any interference. Make sure your firewall settings are not blocking the plugin's functionality.
I also face this issue for my <a href="https://www.pakistanjobslatest.pk/">jobs in pakistan</a> website.

0 Upvotes
webprom
Participant

SOLVE

I've fixed it so.

In Firefox Settings > Privacy > Cookies > Switched to "Cross site tracking cookies" option and plugin's content has showed.

0 Upvotes
liewebagency

SOLVE

I have the same problem today!

It asks me to login, i do, and it goes fine i login, but then it just redirects back and says i have to login AGAIN, again and again. It never stops.

Could this be a error in the plugin or some restrictions in JetPack ?

0 Upvotes
TotalChem
Solution

SOLVE

Hi

Just wanted to drop you a note as it may help, i was having the same issue and im using Microsoft Edge Browser, i went to privacy setting and change to Balanced, refreshed page and all fine

Regards 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @TotalChem

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

ppsonline
Participant

SOLVE

I had the issue in Chrome repeatedly regardless of what I do with extensions, incognito, cache, etc.  I was able to use Safari and it worked first try.  I would just try a different browser.  Once you activate in another browser, it will work without any issues across all browsers.

0 Upvotes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I figured out the possibility for myself and it's not a browser issue, after all.

Something most of us probably didn't take into consideration was the privacy extensions that are running. I was running AdBlocker and Ghostery's in Chrome and Safari. When I tried using Firefox, as suggested above, I had no issues.

Then it dawned on me, that maybe, idea!

I authorized my domain in settings "yoursite.com/*" so AdBlocker and Ghostery's would not prevent HubSpot tracking.

As soon as the page refreshed -- I no further issues with the HubSpot LeadIn plugin. 

I hope this helps everyone 😄

Happy Easter

sethmitchell

SOLVE

If using Chrome, the 3rd party. cookies may be blocked.  I fixed it by:

• Go to your wordpress admin site, and be on the hubspot plugin page
  • Click on the cookie icon in the link bar (it probably has a little red X).  
  • Click on "Show Cookies and Other Site Data"
  • Click on the Block tab
  • In the list, select any cookie with "hs-", apps.hubspot, and hubspot
  • Click Allow
  • Click Done.
  • Reload Wordpress site

HTH

MrCleanUrCredit
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue. The only notifications I receive regarding my website visits are from me visiting my dashboard login page. Hubspot is terrible. 

0 Upvotes
alexluna
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

I had the same issue when using Chrome. I then installed Firefox and opened it, loggedin to my Hubspot account, then to my Wordpress site admin account and finnaly when I accessed the Hubspot plugin page there it already reconized my Hubspot credentials and I was able to finish the setup process and connect Hubspot and Wordpress.

I hope this works for you as well.

Best,

Alex

DavidOlsen

SOLVE

Hi, solution for me when i couldnt login because i used the plugin on other testpage, was under setting, disconnect hubspot id, and then you can sign in with the real one.

0 Upvotes
gmelville80

SOLVE

Thanks - I've been battling this one for a few weeks. I installed FireFox and went straight to the page and it let me log in. I'm wondering if my Norton security extensions in Chrome were blocking it. I ignored the Norton extensions in FireFox.

0 Upvotes
purplemonkeym
Participant

SOLVE

This worked for me too. Thanks!!!

0 Upvotes
DWNTWN
Participant

SOLVE

@alexluna Thanks a lot. Had the exact same issue with Chrome and Safari browsers. Using Firefox instead worked like a charme to connect the WP plugin with my HubSpot account. Once the connection ist established the plugin works as advertised in Safari and Chrome as well. 

0 Upvotes
pendraku

SOLVE

Hi!

In my case, the issue is faced in Firefox Developers Edition.Now I try from Google Chrome and signing up process works. If somebody had the same problem I think that the idea of switch between browsers may help.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
aspires
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @alexluna! This was the only thing that worked for me after a month of frustration!!!

sandeepsangam

SOLVE

Can you help me please, When i have go into to confirmation email linked then found the error message like this "There was server error confirming your account. invalid token". So kindly resolve my issue which i am facing. Once it has been resolved then i will be able to work on the same.  

Furthe, I am waiting for your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Mishra

Softwarew Engineer

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @topbots

If you are having no luck with the plugin, it is possible to put the HubSpot tracking code directly in your website's footer using the WordPress editor. 

Instructions can be found here: How to install the HubSpot tracking code - without plugin

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I have tried everything. different browsers, remove plugin add plugin, delete a domain, add domain, clear cache, nothing works. Why does this happen? 

MrCleanUrCredit
Participant

SOLVE

I ended up deleting the worthless plugin. All Hubspot is good for is tracking emails, when that works.