Unable to integrate email using IMAP "unauthorized please check email and password"

LarryT

Hello Team,

I am having what seems to be a popular problem with not being able to integrate my email. I've tried for hours to follow the earlier posts regarding this including changing IMAP and SMTP ports. I use AOL and Outlook for email. I checked my port assignments in Outlook which say that I am using 993 and 465. When I entered those ports I still received error messages. I also tried using the default port SMTP port 587. I manually input my email address, server and port information as directed. My Hubspot number is 5015776. I've pretty much run out of options. Since it seems that everyone that has complained about the problem did not get it resolved, I don't have much confidence that I will get it resolved either but I thought I'd give it a shot. Here are the screenshots.

Error page.pngEmail setup 1.pngEmail setup bottom.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @LarryT,

Thanks for sending along all the screenshots and information!

I can see that you tried port 587 for SMTP. Can you please try connecting through an incognito window (or after clearing your cache) with 465 for the SMTP port? Based on the aol documentation, I think that port will be the best option for us to try.

Let me know how that goes for you, and I am happy to continue working with you on this.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
LarryT

Jenny thanks for your response. I actually tried 465 first with no success

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Thanks @LarryT

Do you mind sending along some additional screenshots and just confirm you've checked the 'allow non secure certificates' in addition to having the port set to 465? 

For reference, following the steps outlined here.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes