Unable to connect email account

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, I am not able to connect the account.  It is not hosted by either google or office365 so I have chosen "other".  I have also done all the steps listed at the beginning of this forum and confirmed the ports and servers with my email provider.  Please help!shot2.JPGshot1.JPG

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @ebowes,

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Can you please confirm the issue occurs across multiple browsers? Additionally, I would recommend trying to connect over port 465. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi, thank you.  Yes, I am still experiencing it.  I tried Explorer and Chrome.  It did connect for a while (not sure how but it used my main email rather than my alias) but the connection is gone now and the same error occurs, regardless of the port I enter.  

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ebowes,

Can you please try connecting over the exchange connector in your portal? Based on the errors I am seeing, that will be the best next step.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

I have exactly the same problem setting up my inbox with IMAP. I have tried every possible configuration, but still won't get through (. The same settings below work in Outlook. Can you take a look at this, what could be the problem

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.38.30.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @martatsmart,

Have you confirmed the smtp port with your IT team/email provider? 

Additionally, can you confirm your inbox is not hosted by Exchange? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes