Sales Email

PObia
Participant

Unable to activate sequence after connecting inbox

SOLVE

Hello,

Please I need assistance with getting my sequence to work as I am connected to Hubspot sales pro with the team email, I have connected my inbox and everything seems okay but I keep getting "connect your personal email" , I made sure none of my personal mails are connected as this is strictly for work.

Please can you suggest what I could do or what could like be the cause of this?Screenshot 2021-05-17 120442.pngScreenshot 2021-05-14 131604.pngScreenshot 2021-05-17 120833.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PObia,

Have you maybe accidentally connected your PObia@klashia.com email address as a team address instead of a personal address? In that case, you would disconnect the email address and reconnect it as a personal inbox.

The distinction is not about private/business. HubSpot has different functionalities intended for shared (team) use and some that are only for personal use. Sequences can only be sent through an inbox that has explicitly been connected as a personal inbox. If it was connected as a shared team inbox, you'd remove the connection and reconnect it as a personal inbox:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/disconnect-your-inbox-from-hubspot

Let me know if you need further help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PObia,

Sequences can only be sent via a connected personal inbox. This usually is a personal business email address (for example pobia@klashia.com). The steps in this article will guide you through connecting your inbox.

It's not possible to send sequences from connected team inboxes and there aren't any workarounds to this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PObia
Participant

SOLVE

Kindly make this clearer, I have read the article multiple time and i'm still not getting it. My inbox is not connected to team inboxes but mine alone, but hubspot keeps saying I should connect to a personal email. Do you mean I can't connect my work/team email for example PObia@klashia.com  but should only connect my personal email for example PObia@gmail.com, I need to know if i'm missing something  because other team members are able to send sequences.

Please break this down to easiest way for me to understand how it works

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PObia,

Have you maybe accidentally connected your PObia@klashia.com email address as a team address instead of a personal address? In that case, you would disconnect the email address and reconnect it as a personal inbox.

The distinction is not about private/business. HubSpot has different functionalities intended for shared (team) use and some that are only for personal use. Sequences can only be sent through an inbox that has explicitly been connected as a personal inbox. If it was connected as a shared team inbox, you'd remove the connection and reconnect it as a personal inbox:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/disconnect-your-inbox-from-hubspot

Let me know if you need further help!

Karsten Köhler