Sales Email

jack_spivak
Membre

Trouble forwarding old emails to attach to contacts in Hubspot CRM

Résolue

Hi all,

Have read documentation and found
1) old emails can be forwarded using  <hubspotID>@forward.hubspot.com
2) account I am forwarding from needs to be one with admin or superadmin privileges
3) emails should be attached to contacts listed in the "from:" field of the header if the contact already exists and a new contact created (and email attached) if not.

I have successfully attached some emails this way and most do not work (not logged or displayed anywhere in HubSpot CRM that i am aware of)

Ideas?

One other thing.  Some of the original emails came to me as part of a reply sequence.

1) "contact" (listed in hubspot) sends email to "teammember A" (also in hubspot as user)

2) "teammember A" replies to contact"  and included me (teammember B) among several recipients in the "to:" field of the email.

3) i am now trying to log this email sequence in hubspot attached to (preferably) the original contact.  Otherwise attached to any contact related to the  email thread where the communication can be reliably found in the future.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
roisinkirby
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Are you trying to log emails for contacts that already exist in HubSpot? Do they share the same email address? 

The CRM offers a forwarding address to use when forwarding email replies sent from a contact to a user in your portal. These forwarded emails get logged on the contact you sent the original email to or will create a new contact if the contact does not exist yet.

Please be aware of the following:

• The email address that you forward the email using must match the email address of your user in the CRM. Even if you have connected your inbox to HubSpot, the email address used must be associated with your user in the CRM.
  • The contact cannot have the same company email domain as you. 
  • Our system looks at the block of text that is automatically added by your email client when you select the forward button, which usually looks something like this:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: Please read
To: Emily Keefe <ekeefe@hubspot.com>
  • The Forwarded message text block must be present at the top of the email and the To, From, Subject, etc. fields must be in English.

Barring these exceptions, you can make use of your CRM's forwarding address to log replies in your CRM.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
ThreadsHelp2018
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @jack_spivak

If you are trying to log old emails with your HubSpot contacts and want to do this automatically (and avoid forwarding 100's of emails) then check out our integration. We can import the last 30 days of emails for you as part of our free trial or you can upgrade and sync all your historic email and any future emails. Hope this helps! 

0 Votes
roisinkirby
Solution

Résolue

Are you trying to log emails for contacts that already exist in HubSpot? Do they share the same email address? 

The CRM offers a forwarding address to use when forwarding email replies sent from a contact to a user in your portal. These forwarded emails get logged on the contact you sent the original email to or will create a new contact if the contact does not exist yet.

Please be aware of the following:

• The email address that you forward the email using must match the email address of your user in the CRM. Even if you have connected your inbox to HubSpot, the email address used must be associated with your user in the CRM.
  • The contact cannot have the same company email domain as you. 
  • Our system looks at the block of text that is automatically added by your email client when you select the forward button, which usually looks something like this:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: Please read
To: Emily Keefe <ekeefe@hubspot.com>
  • The Forwarded message text block must be present at the top of the email and the To, From, Subject, etc. fields must be in English.

Barring these exceptions, you can make use of your CRM's forwarding address to log replies in your CRM.

0 Votes