Sales Email

venkatkaushik

Tracking email replies from different addresses

Hi all,

I am sending emails to my leads and some of them reply from a different email address or forward it to their colleagues who reply to me. In these cases, the replies are not being logged as email replies in those email chains. Hubspot suggests me to forward these replies to a forwarding address to log them in the corresponding email chain but this flags these replies as FWD and not as email replies. This makes it a problem to track the number of replies. Is there a way to handle this and get the number of replies accurately, log the replies under the correct email chain as replies?

Or is there an add-on that help with this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tracking email replies from different addresses

Hey @venkatkaushik 

We have this documentation on logging email replies to the CRM here and it states:

"Replies to emails will be logged automatically on the contact's timeline if you have connected your inbox and the following is true:

• The original email was sent through the CRM or sent from your connected inbox's email client with the Log checkbox selected. A connected inbox is required in order to send emails from the CRM.
  • The original email was not sent to an email address or domain listed in your Never Log list.
  • The inbox is still connected when the reply is received.
  • The reply is sent to an inbox connected by the user who originally started the thread.
  • The sender of the reply is an existing contact in HubSpot."

Can you verify that you meet the above requirements such as having connected inboxes?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes