Sales Email

imc123
Participant

There was an issue sending your email from the CRM

Starting today, we are receiving the following error when sending emails via HubSpot (and blind copying ourselves [info@XXXXX.com] in):

=====
We encountered an issue sending your email with subject "RE: XXXXXXXXXXX" to XXXXX@XXXXX.com. A recipient on this email thread previously bounced, marked an email as spam, or unsubscribed. The recipient who had previous email deliverability issues is: info@XXXXX.com.
=====
XXXXX@XXXXX.com does receive the message and we can track it via HubSpot.

info@XXXXX.com is our own address (anonimized for security reasons).

We have no IMAP setting active.

Has anything changed?

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @imc123 

This is usually displayed when an email attempt is made for a contact who has previously bounced. If you have a Pro or Enterprise Subscription then often it is possible to manually unbounce a contact from their contact record (instructions here).

Also, I'd like to share this article where explains all the possible email errors, I'd recommend taking a look. And this other article where you can find all the email bounce types

I hope this helps

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
IDCwithKAI

Having the same issue all of a sudden. All emails I am trying to send encounter this message

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @IDCwithKAI,

Did you have a look at the resources that Sharon shared? They might be helpful to understand the root cause of the error:

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

0 Upvotes
joanna4

Having the same issues.  No way of knowing what the cause is in the free CRM.  Have looked at the documentation posted about but it doesn't offer any specific help or advice.  Any further suggestions? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @joanna4,

Since each e-mail is sent from the user inbox, there is specific information we need in order to continue investigating.

Are you seeing any bounces errors in the contact?

Can you please share a screenshot with more information?

Are you able to send the e-mail to the contact outside of HubSpot?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
joanna4

Hello @PamCotton 
No there aren't any bouncebacks showing 

Yes, I can send an email to the affected contacts outside of HubSpot

Have attached the error email screenshot that I receive (same email for all unsent contact emails, this one happened to be for a test with one of my other email addresses. Have greyed out my personal details)

Have tried 1:1 with and without template and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?  

Hubspot error message-2.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @joanna4,

Thank you for the information.

When you click to view the contact in HubSpot, are you able to see any error message on the top of the email that was sent? If so can you share a screenshot with me?

Also when you sent from outside HubSpot are you tracking and logging the email to HubSpot?

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
joanna4

I'm going to have to assume that as you, Twitter support and the guy I spoke to about partner opps haven't got back to me that the only option I now have is to delete my account and everything associated with it.  Really disappointing and very frustrating as it 'looks' like a good product ... shame about the customer service.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @joanna4,

Thank you for the screenshot, but I would need more details in such, if the contact has a bounce error, would be on top of his name as the picture below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 4.04.59 PM.png

When I refer to outside of HubSpot, is sending the contact an email from your inbox ( Gmail/Outlook) and checking the "track" and "log" are you still receiving the same error?

Could please send us the contact example in HubSpot, the email subject, and a test that the email was successfully sent outside of HubSpot in a private message here, and I can continue investigating this case.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
joanna4

@PamCotton , 

Sorry for the delay but I've been trying to work out things on my own as I still don't understand your instructions.  I did say, right at the begining, that there are no bounce errors. 

If I check in my Outlook sent folder, there is no mail going out to the contact.  If I do occassionally get an email to send from a contact in Hubspot, it has the corresponding sent email in my Outlook sent folder.  If I go to Outlook and send the email directly to the contact from there, it works.  If I try to send from inside of Hubspot, sometimes it sends and sometimes it doesn't.  By logging out and logging back in to Hubspot, it sometimes allows emails to be sent but in a short space of time I'm back to square one getting error messages saying that the email hasn't been sent.  See my previous screenshot.  I repeat, there are no bounce errors.

If I just send emails to contacts manually via Outlook, I have no problem. When I use Hubspot's CRM to send emails to contacts.  This problem has persisted since day one and noone seems to understand or offer any solutions.  It's not a problem with Outlook or the email addressses themselves as I've checked everything and all is ok.  It's a problem in Hubspot as far as I can tell - almost as though it doesn't stay connected when I'm working online ... could that be it? 

Regards,

Joanna

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @joanna4 

Thank you for confirming, could please send me a private message with the example of the contact in your HubSpot account, what are the dates of the email sent that failed in HubSpot and a screenshot of the test when email was successfully sent outside of HubSpot, and I will continue investigating this case.

Thank you!

Pam

joanna4

Here's what I see.  It's the same on every contact that I try to send an email to: 

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 19.16.57.png

I don't understand the second part of your question.  I'm only emailing contacts whilst within HubSpot.  Can you explain what you mean 'outside of HubSpot', please?

0 Upvotes
imc123
Participant

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for the feedback. 

We use the free version so no possibility to unbounce.

It seems the email is never sent from Hubspot. Happy to share a screenshot via PM if that would help?

0 Upvotes