Text disappears in CRM Email during typing

BEN007

Hi,

Since a couple of days, it happens all the time that in the middle of writing an email within the CRM, suddenly the text disappears and have to start all over again. 

Could you please check what's going on here?

Awaiting yr reply.

21 Replies 21
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @BEN007,

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Can you please confirm that this issue is occuring across multiple browsers, in an incognito window and after clearing your cache? 

The more information, screenshots and examples you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

I am working with Chrome only, don't have another browser.

Not working in incognito mode.

Even after clearing cache, no change.

Thank you and hope it will be solved soon. 

0 Upvotes
R-Robinson33

It 'appears' to have stopped for me, but I would like to also confirm I was having this issue recently. I will update this again if it happens, but a few days ago it was VERY fustrating. 

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

By me it hasn't stopped and it drives me nuts!

0 Upvotes
BEN007

I should add, that it happens at irregular intervals. Sometimes, when it's a very short mail I am able to send it out before the wipeout occurs.

Before wipeout, I see a fraction of a second a black bar at the bottom of my browser with some text in it. It does like a sort of refresh and after that, the email text is gone.

0 Upvotes
kzmorzynski
Participant

Hi,

is it just me or there's something wrong with composing email in HubSpot?

When I start writing an email, after several seconds the whole content is gone.

This started happening about a week ago.

I'm using the newest version of Chrome (71.0.3578.98) on Windows 10.

Anyone experiences something similar?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hey all,

I have heard back from the Technical Support team that this issue has been resolved. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

I just checked it. Tried to send a reply email to someone, and the problem persists. In the middle of composing the email, the text disappeared, like before.

Please tell Tech Support that the issue has not been resolved at all.

Rgds,

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

I have performed a check today again and it looks like the problem has been resolved!

Thanks to all of you.

Regards,

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @R-Robinson33 and @BEN007,

Can you please collect har files and videos if you experience this again? 

I want to partner with the Technical Support team regarding this.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
BEN007

I've created the HAR file, but how do I send it to you? No attachment option here.

0 Upvotes
karriK

No this has not been resolved.  It happens to me on a daily basis.

karriK

Damien, who works for online support is no help.  Didn't even try to help me resolve this.

0 Upvotes
karriK

It's driving me nuts too!!!!

0 Upvotes
karriK

This happens to me all the time!! VERY FRUSTRATING!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @karriK

I am sorry to hear for your frustrating experience. If you can send along a video of what you are seeing, confirm this issue occurs across multiple browsers, and confirm if other users are experiencing this issue, that would be great!

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny 

0 Upvotes
braedon

I can confirm that this is not resolved. 

It happens at seemingly random times while typically in the middle of writing a lengthy email I'm sure you can sympathize that recreating the issue is difficult.

michaelmyers312
Participant

This happened to me just now (and has happened 3 times already tonight). 

What in the world is happening here?!  

And why does this chain say it has been 'resolved'?!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Hi @michaelmyers312 & @braedon,

we definitely understand your frustration, that's why I did some testing with 1:1 emails in my two HubSpot accounts: I drafted a longer email in the editor on a contact record and also in the Conversations tool. I tried closing and opening the email editor multiple times within a time frame of a couple of minutes, but wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome as my preferred browser. 

For us to be able to investigate this further, could you please clarify: 

1. Where are you in your account when you are experiencing this? Contact record, the Conversations tool? Is it occurring anywhere else?
  2. When did you first notice this started happening?
  3. Are other users in this portal experiencing the same issue?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if they were successful or unsuccessful:

1. Does this issue persist when on a different network? (ie if you switch to using your mobile data, does the issue persist?)
  2. Does this issue persist if you use a different browser?
  3. Does this issue persist when in an incognito browser?

If the behavior in doesn't appear in an incognito window, but does appear in a normal browser window even after clearing the cache and cookies, it could be a browser plugin or add-on that is causing this behavior.

Thanks

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
DVanderJagt
Participant

I experience this when typing in my notes within the "Log call" area, and I have experienced this one out of every 4-5 calls for the past 18+ months using several different Hubspot accounts. I've also cleaned up many of my Chrome browser add-ons/extensions but Hubspot could help by doing some additional testing in this area if they believe it's related to them. I never experienced this using Hubspot with Safari, but I need to use Chrome  going forward for several reasons. I have not tested with an incognito browser..

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Got it, thank you for the information @DVanderJagt. Our product teams perform checks regularly and keep on adding improvements to assure that our tools run smoothly in supported browsers, you can find more information here.

It seems that other users aren't experiencing issues at the moment (status page here) and you weren't able to reproduce the behavior in Safari, that's why I'm suspecting a conflicting extension or Chrome setting. Are you using the latest version of Chrome? Have you also tried disabling one extension at a time? If not, a test in an incognito window would also be great. 

I hope this helps!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !