Sales Email

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Text disappears in CRM Email during typing

Dear Community, 

We've received reports from customers about their text/email draft disappearing when they're creating a new 1:1 email in the CRM. We've consolidated your posts here to make sure we're addressing them in one place. As of June 2022, these are still the recommended next steps: 

"We understand that losing a draft that you've been working on is frustrating, but it's hard for our technical team to investigate this further without a well-documented example. I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end and after checking our internal records, I haven't seen an increase in reports about this behavior from other customers or HubSpotters, who are also using the software daily. 

It would therefore be best to provide a well-documented example of this behavior for our Support team, who can then proceed to investigate this issue in your HubSpot account. In your ticket, please include: 

• a link to the CRM record where this happened,
  • a list of steps you took when creating the draft (e.g., 1. I navigated to John's contact record, 2. Clicked on the Note symbol under the contact name 3. Started drafting the note 4. Navigated to other pages or tabs to copy infomation 5. Pasted the information into the note 6. Text disappeared
  • specifics about your web browser environment: browser version, active extensions, 
  • ideally, a screen recording of the behavior and a HAR file & Console logs, so our team is able to look into the network requests that your browser is generating.

If this is affecting multiple users on your team, it would be very helpful to collect their examples as well.

I checked existing Support tickets and reports from my co-workers with similar behavior in the past year and a half and found that in most cases, users were able to link this behavior to an unstable internet connection: because the connection was interrupted, the draft they were working on was only saved in the temporary browser cache storage, but not in the cloud. There are a few online tools where you can check your internet stability to see if this could be the reason, here's one

If the internet connection is stable and there are no interfering browser extensions, the expected behavior is that a draft will be saved automatically, even if you open a different tool or refresh the page as you can see in this GIF: 

Note.gif

We're commited to providing a good user experience and we would really appreciate your help in collecting the necessary data to investigate this behavior. Thank you!"

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

49 Replies 49
BEN007

Hi,

I just checked it. Tried to send a reply email to someone, and the problem persists. In the middle of composing the email, the text disappeared, like before.

Please tell Tech Support that the issue has not been resolved at all.

Rgds,

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

I have performed a check today again and it looks like the problem has been resolved!

Thanks to all of you.

Regards,

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @R-Robinson33 and @BEN007,

Can you please collect har files and videos if you experience this again? 

I want to partner with the Technical Support team regarding this.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
karriK

Damien, who works for online support is no help.  Didn't even try to help me resolve this.

0 Upvotes
karriK

No this has not been resolved.  It happens to me on a daily basis.

BEN007

I've created the HAR file, but how do I send it to you? No attachment option here.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BEN007,

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Can you please confirm that this issue is occuring across multiple browsers, in an incognito window and after clearing your cache? 

The more information, screenshots and examples you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
BEN007

Hi,

I am working with Chrome only, don't have another browser.

Not working in incognito mode.

Even after clearing cache, no change.

Thank you and hope it will be solved soon. 

0 Upvotes