Sales Email

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Text disappears in CRM Email during typing

Dear Community, 

We've received reports from customers about their text/email draft disappearing when they're creating a new 1:1 email in the CRM. We've consolidated your posts here to make sure we're addressing them in one place. As of June 2022, these are still the recommended next steps: 

"We understand that losing a draft that you've been working on is frustrating, but it's hard for our technical team to investigate this further without a well-documented example. I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end and after checking our internal records, I haven't seen an increase in reports about this behavior from other customers or HubSpotters, who are also using the software daily. 

It would therefore be best to provide a well-documented example of this behavior for our Support team, who can then proceed to investigate this issue in your HubSpot account. In your ticket, please include: 

• a link to the CRM record where this happened,
  • a list of steps you took when creating the draft (e.g., 1. I navigated to John's contact record, 2. Clicked on the Note symbol under the contact name 3. Started drafting the note 4. Navigated to other pages or tabs to copy infomation 5. Pasted the information into the note 6. Text disappeared
  • specifics about your web browser environment: browser version, active extensions, 
  • ideally, a screen recording of the behavior and a HAR file & Console logs, so our team is able to look into the network requests that your browser is generating.

If this is affecting multiple users on your team, it would be very helpful to collect their examples as well.

I checked existing Support tickets and reports from my co-workers with similar behavior in the past year and a half and found that in most cases, users were able to link this behavior to an unstable internet connection: because the connection was interrupted, the draft they were working on was only saved in the temporary browser cache storage, but not in the cloud. There are a few online tools where you can check your internet stability to see if this could be the reason, here's one

If the internet connection is stable and there are no interfering browser extensions, the expected behavior is that a draft will be saved automatically, even if you open a different tool or refresh the page as you can see in this GIF: 

Note.gif

We're commited to providing a good user experience and we would really appreciate your help in collecting the necessary data to investigate this behavior. Thank you!"

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

49 Antworten
michaelmyers312
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I apologize for repeating this message, but I need to say this with each thread so that they see this.

If HubSpot is the company they claim to be... THIS CAN NOT CONTINUE, as it is an ENORMOUS part of thier offering.  The ability to send emails, take notes, etc... inside the platform.

"You never have to leave the platform"... well, that is, unless you're going to type something, In which case, you are better off leaving the platform, b/c there's a decent chance the platform ITSELF will erase your email/notes/etc... things you can't re-do with any ease, or sometimes at all (notes).

It's honestly a joke, with the price/cost. 

Hubspot.  It's been YEARS with this issue.  FIX IT, or start sending refunds for making our jobs HARDER not easier.

0 Upvotes
AGoldstein8
Teilnehmer/-in

This is by far the worst problem any such system can have, happened to me again after type a very thoughtful note from a meeting, hit enter, everything disappeared, undo or cmdz did not work. Very, very bad problem.

michaelmyers312
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I apologize for repeating this message, but I need to say this with each thread so that they see this.

If HubSpot is the company they claim to be... THIS CAN NOT CONTINUE, as it is an ENORMOUS part of thier offering.  The ability to send emails, take notes, etc... inside the platform.

"You never have to leave the platform"... well, that is, unless you're going to type something, In which case, you are better off leaving the platform, b/c there's a decent chance the platform ITSELF will erase your email/notes/etc... things you can't re-do with any ease, or sometimes at all (notes).

It's honestly a joke, with the price/cost. 

Hubspot.  It's been YEARS with this issue.  FIX IT, or start sending refunds for making our jobs HARDER not easier.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @michaelmyers312 & @braedon,

we definitely understand your frustration, that's why I did some testing with 1:1 emails in my two HubSpot accounts: I drafted a longer email in the editor on a contact record and also in the Conversations tool. I tried closing and opening the email editor multiple times within a time frame of a couple of minutes, but wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome as my preferred browser. 

For us to be able to investigate this further, could you please clarify: 

1. Where are you in your account when you are experiencing this? Contact record, the Conversations tool? Is it occurring anywhere else?
  2. When did you first notice this started happening?
  3. Are other users in this portal experiencing the same issue?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if they were successful or unsuccessful:

1. Does this issue persist when on a different network? (ie if you switch to using your mobile data, does the issue persist?)
  2. Does this issue persist if you use a different browser?
  3. Does this issue persist when in an incognito browser?

If the behavior in doesn't appear in an incognito window, but does appear in a normal browser window even after clearing the cache and cookies, it could be a browser plugin or add-on that is causing this behavior.

Thanks

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

0 Upvotes
michaelmyers312
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

1. I am in a contact record... and I have opened the email window by pressing the email Icon.  In my case, I had also added a 2nd recipient.   I have done 12 emails, all in the identical format, and it happened 3 of the last 6 emails.  I haven't tried it elsewhere in the program, that I can recall.

2. Friday of last week, but i've only been using it since... Friday of last week.

3. There is only 1 other person, and I pre-warned them, so they are creating their emails in "notes" and copy and pasting in at the last moment, as protection.

----

1.  I will test this, eventually.

2.  I used the most updated version of Chrome, which you said was the best.  But I can try Safari later.

3.  I will give this a try.   

Thank you for th time.  I will get back to you on a day when I can do the testing.

Myers

0 Upvotes
DVanderJagt
Teilnehmer/-in

I experience this when typing in my notes within the "Log call" area, and I have experienced this one out of every 4-5 calls for the past 18+ months using several different Hubspot accounts. I've also cleaned up many of my Chrome browser add-ons/extensions but Hubspot could help by doing some additional testing in this area if they believe it's related to them. I never experienced this using Hubspot with Safari, but I need to use Chrome  going forward for several reasons. I have not tested with an incognito browser..

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Got it, thank you for the information @DVanderJagt. Our product teams perform checks regularly and keep on adding improvements to assure that our tools run smoothly in supported browsers, you can find more information here.

It seems that other users aren't experiencing issues at the moment (status page here) and you weren't able to reproduce the behavior in Safari, that's why I'm suspecting a conflicting extension or Chrome setting. Are you using the latest version of Chrome? Have you also tried disabling one extension at a time? If not, a test in an incognito window would also be great. 

I hope this helps!

Mia

AGoldstein8
Teilnehmer/-in

I just posted in a different thread on this topic. It has happened to me before (Chrome/MacOS) and just happened again to me when typing a note into a company record. Really an awful bug, I spent 30 minutes putting my thoughts together about recent interactions with a prospect, got near the end, hit enetr to strat a new paragraph and it was gone. Command Z did nothing.

0 Upvotes
DVanderJagt
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Mia, yes I'm using the latest version of Chrome. It has also happened to me on multiple devices. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reproduce, so "no" I haven't tested disabling one extension at a time. I would expect Hubspot's QA/software dev team to do appropriate testing on these types of issues. You could be correct though, it may be related to a Chrome browser extension. I can try an incognito window as well. I guarantee others are having this issue (likely just not reporting it) and I'm seeing a higher frequency of this in your community posts over the past year or so. 

MBauer7
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I've been complaining about this for over a year.  I want to type all my emails in Hubspot not Gmail, but I get angry when I've typed something out and it deletes everything (whetherr an email, logged call, notes, its the same problem) simply when I click "return".  There is no way for me to video this happening because it doesn't always happen.  I can go two months without it happening and then it happens 4 times in a row.  This is a huge problem for users and if you aren't hearing about it, they are just muddling through or like me, are using a lot of templates and not free-typing so it doesn't happen as much.  Then I've been told several times how to "un-do" to get all of the info to appear and that never works regardless of how I've been told to fix it.

karriK
Mitglied

If you close out of it and go back into the email immediately sometimes the original message will appear but yes! This is so frustrating!

0 Upvotes
michaelmyers312
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This happened to me just now (and has happened 3 times already tonight). 

What in the world is happening here?!  

And why does this chain say it has been 'resolved'?!

braedon
Teilnehmer/-in

I can confirm that this is not resolved. 

It happens at seemingly random times while typically in the middle of writing a lengthy email I'm sure you can sympathize that recreating the issue is difficult.

karriK
Mitglied

This happens to me all the time!! VERY FRUSTRATING!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @karriK

I am sorry to hear for your frustrating experience. If you can send along a video of what you are seeing, confirm this issue occurs across multiple browsers, and confirm if other users are experiencing this issue, that would be great!

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny 

0 Upvotes
R-Robinson33
Mitglied

It 'appears' to have stopped for me, but I would like to also confirm I was having this issue recently. I will update this again if it happens, but a few days ago it was VERY fustrating. 

0 Upvotes
BEN007
Mitglied

Hi,

By me it hasn't stopped and it drives me nuts!

0 Upvotes
karriK
Mitglied

It's driving me nuts too!!!!

0 Upvotes
BEN007
Mitglied

I should add, that it happens at irregular intervals. Sometimes, when it's a very short mail I am able to send it out before the wipeout occurs.

Before wipeout, I see a fraction of a second a black bar at the bottom of my browser with some text in it. It does like a sort of refresh and after that, the email text is gone.

0 Upvotes
kzmorzynski
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi,

is it just me or there's something wrong with composing email in HubSpot?

When I start writing an email, after several seconds the whole content is gone.

This started happening about a week ago.

I'm using the newest version of Chrome (71.0.3578.98) on Windows 10.

Anyone experiences something similar?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hey all,

I have heard back from the Technical Support team that this issue has been resolved. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes