Sales Email

PetPocketbookML
Participant

Text disappearing after hitting return

SOLVE

For the love of God. Has anyone ever experienced this?:

You're happily drafting the perfect email for a prospect, or a beautiful response to an objection. You hit return to start a new paragraph...BOOM. Everything you had just typed is gone. Doesn't happen all the time...only sometimes...! So then you have to start all over again...and sometimes the same thing will happen! 

This doesn't happen in my Outlook, doesn't happen in gmail, on FB, anywhere else but drafting an email in HS. What is going on!?

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm not sure if this helps to explain this phenomenon, but I do experience this issue in Adobe Products for this reason:  InDesign has an Enter and Return key-they are different! | Graphic Design | Adobe Certified Trainer ...

When I press the "Enter" key on the 10-key side of the keyboard, all my text will "disappear" in a program like In Design, because this is a column break. When I press the "Enter" (actually the "Return") key on the letter side of the keyboard, I get a paragraph or line break as I expect.

Has anyone noted if using one of these keys over the other might be causing them an issue?

If the issue can be contained to one key or the other, then programming should be able to fix it. Please let us kow what your typically habits are when you want to paragraph or line break. Which of the "Enter" keys are you most likely to hit and do you feel one or the other may be causing this?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
RDeBoer
Participant

SOLVE

This just happened to me for the second time in a month. Today it was while crafting notes after a meeting. Was typing for probably 30 minutes. Every once in a while, I'd save it so I wouldn't lose it. Apparently that didn't work. At one point, it erased everything I had except the first paragraph. CTRL+Z didn't work. Refresh didn't work. It's gone. 

The only silver lining is that my wife took my computer away when I told her what happened. Because the last time this happened, it cost me $450 to replace my Macbook screen after a swift right jab. 

F.U. Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
MBauer7
Contributor

SOLVE

STILL HAPPENING

I was in a company file.  Selected the individual.  Began typing.  Got toward then end and hit "return" twice to sign off with a signature and it disappeared.  On a mac, try "CMD Z" and nothing.

I AM SO SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!

michaelmyers312
Contributor

SOLVE
Yep,

Happened twice yesterday.

I am officially crafting all emails in “notes” and copying and pasting over, when I’m finished.

I believe we may be at the end of our HubSpot year-long experiment, as this is a painful glitch that is forcing us to do far too many workarounds.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm not sure if this helps to explain this phenomenon, but I do experience this issue in Adobe Products for this reason:  InDesign has an Enter and Return key-they are different! | Graphic Design | Adobe Certified Trainer ...

When I press the "Enter" key on the 10-key side of the keyboard, all my text will "disappear" in a program like In Design, because this is a column break. When I press the "Enter" (actually the "Return") key on the letter side of the keyboard, I get a paragraph or line break as I expect.

Has anyone noted if using one of these keys over the other might be causing them an issue?

If the issue can be contained to one key or the other, then programming should be able to fix it. Please let us kow what your typically habits are when you want to paragraph or line break. Which of the "Enter" keys are you most likely to hit and do you feel one or the other may be causing this?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
BrittanyMeans
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Crystal.
I only use the enter key when using a calculator. When logging notes, I use the return key and this disappearing text phenomenon continues to happen when using this key. I received a notification that HubSpot marked your suggestion as a "solution", however, it is not a solution for me.

0 Upvotes
BrittanyMeans
Participant

SOLVE

I've experienced this twice just in the last week. Awful customer experience, especially since it seems to occur on the longer notes. Today I was 15 minutes in to typing when it wiped. I know we all have busy schedules, and retyping extensive notes is not something I or my fellow teammates have time for. Please fix.

AGoldstein8
Participant

SOLVE

Just happened to me again, I can't imagine a worse bug save for losing all my data. Think about it, a meeting ends, you gather your thoughts, put it down to log against the prospect, hit enter and the note disappears after thoughtfully documenting the engagement. Horrendous.

AGoldstein8
Participant

SOLVE

I just got to the end of a long note to update a prospect, I hit enter to start a new paragraph and the entire note disappeared, command Z did nothing. I can't bring myself to re-type what took me probably 30 minutes to thoughtfully prepare. This is not acceptable!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @michaelmyers312,

I wanted to let you know that I posted a response in this Community thread. 

Mia, HubSpot Community 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

michaelmyers312
Contributor

SOLVE

I.  HATE.  THIS.  

I have been using Hubspot for emails now, for 1 day...   and THRICE today, alone (in 12 totals sent emails, so 25% of the time)... and it is a serious momentum (and idea) KILLER.  

I am already searching for ways to leave HubSpot, and an hour ago, I was raving about it.  This, alone, is a killer for me.

I don't know how to get them to hear and fix, but if you're listening... 

WorkshopBuilt
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Yes! This exact thing just happened to me... TWICE. Not good. I'm still trying to understand if I hit send. Oh gawd no.... NOOOOOOO! Did you ever figure out how to get it back or how to avoid this happening? 😰

PetPocketbookML
Participant

SOLVE

Sort of...one thing that it could be is, do you have a google translate plugin in your browser? I would uninstall that first. That helped for a little bit, but I just was typing out an email today and it did it again...so I'm not sure what it is exactly. It's something that's installed in our comps I think. Do you have a Macbook too? 

AtlDavidL01
Participant

SOLVE

YES - this is happens to me about twice a day - HIGHLY frustrating...watching for solutions b/c even command Z doesn't work when in hubspot email

PetPocketbookML
Participant

SOLVE

Tell me about it! So it appears that if you have a translation plug in, that that's what's causing it...but I installed that, and even one of the support peeps removed something else (relating to translating), and it's still doing it. Thankfully not nearly as much though!

MichelleBauer
Participant

SOLVE

YES and all the time!  It is so frustrating!  Months ago I asked Hubspot and they told me to do command Z or control Z but it does NOT retrieve what I wrote.  I'm super annoyed to the point that I no longer want to type my emails in hubspot but instead originate in GMAIL.  I hope you are listening Hubspot because if it is happening to us, it's happening elsewhere and I would like to think you'd like us in hubspot 100%.

It just happened to me again this morning with an email I was procrastinating on in the first place and now I have to start over.  BOO

PetPocketbookML
Participant

SOLVE

Yep! It makes me want to throw my comp out the window! And it's def a HS issue, because this doesn't happen ANYWHERE else on the internet or anything. So annoying! 

Try uninstalling any of those translate plugins. That helped with me...for a little bit anyway... 😕

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I have seen that, not for quite some time, but I never solved it. I only work around it. Occassionally others on my team experience this issue still. Using my work arounds, I can usually restore the email for them.

Here are my work arounds:

• Save frequently so you can use the version history to restore the email if anything goes wonky. (Version history or Revisions is the hamburger-looking icon in the upper right of the screen.)
  • Start typing your email and setting it up, but then move into the source code and finish typing in there. This issue has never happened to me or anyone else when working directly in the source code. Still remember to save frequently.
PetPocketbookML
Participant

SOLVE

Hm...I'm not sure I have those options. What do you mean by typing within the source code? I also don't see the hamburger menu option you speak of either. 😞

Are we talking about when you're in HS CRM, and you're typing up an email within the contact? 

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

So sorry!! I was thinking on the Marketing emails where I spend most of my day. Hopefully someone else can pop in here with an idea for you.

PetPocketbookML
Participant

SOLVE

That's OK! Yah, it's not the emails that you'd draft for marketing email blasts, it's for emailing prospects directly. 😞