Sales Email

OCAMXCLUB

Some users receive some emails, but not others. All from the same sending address.

SOLVE

This has happened with more than one user.  I get an email from them that they didn't recieve a certain email.  I go to their profile and it shows delivered.  Not in their junk mail or spam folder.  I duplicate and send again and even immediately after it saying delivered, they don't see anything.  Any reason this would happen?
2022-01-06 08_27_54.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Some users receive some emails, but not others. All from the same sending address.

SOLVE

Hi @OCAMXCLUB,

HubSpot is giving all contacts (who are eligible to receive emails) the same treatment. List membership information is not sent along with the email so the receiving email service provider can't tell. I think this is a coincidence.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OCAMXCLUB,

Unfortunately, this is sometimes hard to troubleshoot. This is occurring on the side of the receiving email service provider and is to some extent a black box.

One of the most important things to do is to connect your email sending domain:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

This requires an update to Marketing Hub Starter. Connecting your email sending domain will help prevent your marketing emails from getting caught in spam filters. It increases the trustworthiness of your emails.

However, there might simply be email security guidelines in place at the companies of these recipients. Emails might arrive there but not be let through. These email service providers or policies don't necessarily send an error message back. This is increasingly common when receiving email service providers notice tracking links in emails – which are in every HubSpot marketing email and cannot be switched off.

For key accounts, you could try these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/contacts-not-receiving-your-marketing-emails They all require "cooperation" of the recipient which means that they don't scale well.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
OCAMXCLUB

SOLVE
Thank you for this information. When trying to compare the ones that
successfully went thru vs. the ones that didn't. The only factory I can
find is that the ones that went through was sent to a dynamic list of users
(all subscribers basically). Whereas the one that didn't go through was
sent to a select set of contacts select in the send field of the email.

Is it possible that manually selected contacts gets treated differently
than lists? I'm not sure how the filter on the user end would
differentiate between emails sent as such.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OCAMXCLUB,

HubSpot is giving all contacts (who are eligible to receive emails) the same treatment. List membership information is not sent along with the email so the receiving email service provider can't tell. I think this is a coincidence.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes