Sales Email

RWhitledge
Mitglied

Some email replies not logging automatically in Hubspot

lösung

Some replies are not being logged into CRM, even though the initial email was sent from hubspot. It appears to be most common when I am emailing a new contact. 

For example, today, using Hubspot on my desktop, I emailed a new vendor about some product info. I recieved a notification that they opened the email, but when they replied, their email showed up in my GMAIL, but not in hubspot under the email tab. The contact email address is in my contacts (I believe it gets added automatically if I originate an email in hubspot), so I would think it would recognize the incomming email and log it, but that did not happen.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @RWhitledge,

Have you also checked the Replies not logging as expected section here?

If it's not of the points mentioned, it might simply be a bug then, unfortunately. It sounds like you're meeting all of the requirements. It's frustrating, but you're best option would then be to manually log the email with the forwarding address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @RWhitledge,

Have you also checked the Replies not logging as expected section here?

If it's not of the points mentioned, it might simply be a bug then, unfortunately. It sounds like you're meeting all of the requirements. It's frustrating, but you're best option would then be to manually log the email with the forwarding address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
RWhitledge
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks for responding. As far as I can tell, all of the conditions you mentioned were met, however, I am not quite clear on bullet point 3.

*The original email was sent from my desktop computer via gmail, through hubspot.com (i was logged into hubspot, went into the deal, clicked on email, and then clicked on create email).

*The recipient is NOT on the never log list

*Not sure what this one means... i did not do anything to "disconnect" any email addresses, so I assume this condition is being met

*The reply was sent to my business email which is connected to hubspot, and most emials to that address are successfully being logged

*The sender was automatically added to my hubspot contacts when i created/sent the original email. I did not directly create, or modify a contact, but they do appear in my contact list

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @RWhitledge,

There are a few requirements to reply email logging, could you confirm that all of these are met?

Replies to emails will be logged automatically on the contact's timeline if you have connected your personal email and the following is true:

• The original email was sent through the CRM or sent from your connected personal email client with the sales email extension or add-in installed and the Log checkbox selected.
  • The original email was not sent to an email address or domain listed in your Never Log list.
  • The personal email address is still connected when the reply is received.
  • The reply is sent to a personal email connected by the user who originally started the thread.
  • The sender of the reply is an existing contact in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes