Some BCC'd emails not logging

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I'm just setting up HubSpot in our company and I've come across an issue.

We have the main sales email connected as a shared email address and this is working great (sales@ourdomain.uk.com).

We also have another system which deals with all of our ordering/stock/finance etc., I'm trying to automatically take the emails which this generates and sends to customers and put them into Hubspot using the BCC email address for our account.

I've added this system as a Hubspot user with the approriate email address (userDPM@ourdomain.uk.com), and emails coming straight from this system  with the Hubspot BCC address are working well and are logged in Hubspot. But emails coming from this system using the alias of a sales person (user@ourdomain.uk.com) and being sent to customers aren't being logged in Hubspot.

I've tried adding the user@ourdomain.uk.com as an alias for the userDPM@ourdomain.uk.com in Profiles and Preferences without success.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Harry

8 Replies 8
Esteemed Advisor

@Hazzap Hi Harry. Last I knew HubSpot does not accept alias emails.  I do not have a workaround. Sorry. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I can't understand why Hubspot has the ability to set up aliases in the Profiles and Preferences section if not for situations such as this?

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@Hazzap Where do you see that?  I have been a user for many years and alias would not work. 

Hmm. I found this - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/add-an-email-alias#targetText=When%20you%20...

Maybe you can under certain situations. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@jennysowyrda Hi Jenny. Can someone explain why the alias emails do not work with HubSpot?  Thanks.  Chris

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc

For a full outline of how aliases and HubSpot work, I wanted to share this resource.

You can connect aliases to HubSpot so that emails you send through your inbox are eligible to log to HubSpot. For Gmail aliases you can send emails through HubSpot using the alias address.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jenny.

I've read that article but am still at a bit of a loss as to why aliases don't seem to be working for our instance.

Would I be better adding the email address of our order/stock system as a Conversation Inbox email address rather than as separate users as I currently have? 

Thanks!

Harry

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Hazzap,

Have the users each added their aliases to their profile and preferences? If they have, then the emails (with the bcc address) should be eligible to log in HubSpot.

Using the convesations feature will pull in all emails received to this inbox. The purpose of the conversations tool is to manage one inbox for your whole team within HubSpot. The inbox would be shared and would be visible by your whole team.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Yes, the users have the aliases which they send emails as through Exchange but to no avail. The emails still don't show in HubSpot? The non-alias emails from this user are working as expected, it's only the alias ones which we're missing.

Do you have any other ideas?

Harry

0 Upvotes