Sales Email

RDTL

Sequences - upcoming tasks

SOLVE

Hi,

I work with some sequences and I was wondering if it is possible to see your upcoming tasks (from your sequence) in your task list so that I can estimate how much work I have to do upcoming days.

Besides that, I was also wondering If you can add a note related to your upcoming task from the sequence. You can make a general note or edit the task name, but not adding a note. That would be very handy and less time-consuming in the follow-up.

Is there a solution for those 2 questions?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDTL,

Got it. Yes, that's unfortunately not possible. The information logged to an earlier task can not be included automatically in future tasks. I also doubt that this would be implemented at some stage either, since it assumes a rather specific way of working with tasks (and not checking the contact record which is the "home" of all associated information).

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews requests based on popularity.

If this answers your question for now (even if it's an unsatisfactory answer, unfortunately), you can close this thread (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDTL,

Got it. Yes, that's unfortunately not possible. The information logged to an earlier task can not be included automatically in future tasks. I also doubt that this would be implemented at some stage either, since it assumes a rather specific way of working with tasks (and not checking the contact record which is the "home" of all associated information).

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews requests based on popularity.

If this answers your question for now (even if it's an unsatisfactory answer, unfortunately), you can close this thread (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RDTL

SOLVE

Screenshot

For example, I have a task from a sequence and to finish the task, I go to the contact page.

I finished the task, so in a couple of days a new task will appear from the sequence.

But the point is: I want to add already new information by the next task that comes up later (from the sequence). But the upcoming task from the sequence is not yet available.

I hope you can follow what I'm saying 😄

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDTL,

Would you mind sharing a screenshot, blurring or pixelating any confidential data? I'm not quite following where you're looking at these tasks.

Thanks!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RDTL

SOLVE

I'll give an example:

You're working on a lead via a sequence. You had your task (mail/call/...) and by doing this task you have some extra relevant information that you want to add (a note) with the next task. But because of the sequence your next task is not visible yet, so you're not able to add this information to the next task as a note.

I hope this example helps to explain it :D.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

HI @RDTL,

You're correct, it's not possible to edit a task from the sidebar of the tasks dashboard. However, when you Start tasks or edit a task on a contact profile, you can always log a new tasks in the same go – where exactly are you missing the option to create a follow-up task?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RDTL

SOLVE

Karsten,

Will suggest this one.

That is an upcoming task that you planned in manually. But if you mark your task as done from a sequence the next upcoming task will not appear so you can't add a note (in case of a sequence).

Thank you for taking your time and your feedback.

Regards,

RDTL

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDTL,

Unfortunately the first one is not possible at the moment. There isn't any feature to manage tasks from a resource or capacity standpoint. You could however suggest this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

Regarding the comments, when you work on a task, HubSpot expects you to close the existing task and create a new one where you could add the comment. This is how you would carry on information from task to task – alternatively you can comment on an open task or change it's description. That option is always open to you when working on tasks:

karstenkoehler_0-1620721057672.png

Simply click on a task on a contact record to expand it and show these options.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

RDTL

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your help.

I'll explain more my daily work to understand it better.

1. For example I enroll today 10 contacts in my sequence and let us say I can do an average of 20 tasks a day. Then I want to see in my task overview how many task I will get tomorrow and the day after tomorrow to calculate if I can handle them or I can get some extra tasks. So I want to see in my task overview my existing tasks and the new tasks from my sequence.

2. If I'm doing a task from my sequence on contact level (contact page) and I have some extra information that is important for my next task I want to add it already to that task so that I not forget. If you just put is as a note on the contact page, then you have to remember to check first and it's a bit time consuming.

I hope it's clear what I'm saying here.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RDTL,

When a sequence includes a task, you can freely choose a name for this task. This is where you can come up with a naming convention, e.g. "Sequence task | [task description]".

karstenkoehler_0-1620719893459.png

You could then search for "Sequence task" in your task home and find all the corresponding tasks. (To fully answer your question, it's not possible to filter for tasks created by sequences. You would have to go the route of a naming convention for your tasks.)

What note exactly are you referring to? There is a Notes field in the screenshot above. 

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler