Sales Email

CArcher
Contributor

Sequence Breakup Email with a "CTA"

SOLVE

In our prospecting sequences, we typically include a "breakup email" as the last email. We ask the contact to let us know when might be a better time. Usually, this means they would need to reply to the email and tell us when to contact them again. Of course, they usually don't want to reply if we've made it to the breakup email...

I want to give contacts an offramp by having a set of CTAs (or just links), where they can click an option to indicate when they would like to be contacted again (e.g. next week, next month, next quarter, never), and then use a Workflow to create a task for the contact owner to follow up based on their preference.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this. Obviously, I can't use CTAs because I can't put them in Sales Sequences. I tried creating links to a Hubspot landing page with query parameters e.g "https://[subdomain]?contact_time=one_month" and then using a Workflow to track Page Views, but this didn't work for some reason (not sure why, actually. Thoughts?).

Does anybody have any ideas how we could automate the task creation for follow-up based on their preference? We have Sales Hub Pro.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CArcher,

Page views aren't recorded in real-time in HubSpot (up to an hour if I'm not mistaken) and require the contact to accept cookies – did your test take that into account?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CArcher,

There may be more sophisticated solutions but one option would be to create multiple distinct (non-indexed) landing pages for each quasi-CTA. That way you'd be able to reference the view of these pages in workflows as well.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CArcher
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for the input. That's what I thought too, but I couldn't even get the page view to show up when I tested the sequence and click one of the links. At first I thought it was an IP filtering thing (since I filter my own traffic from my home network), so I tried it on my phone using cell data (I don't filter that IP). Still didn't work but I thought maybe it had something to do sending the sequence to myself (contact with same email as sender), so I sent it to my wife. She viewed the page on her work network, and it still didn't show up as a page view on her contact record.

I thought that was odd, but I couldn't for the life of me get the page view to show up in the contact record, though the page views were registering on the landing page.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CArcher,

Page views aren't recorded in real-time in HubSpot (up to an hour if I'm not mistaken) and require the contact to accept cookies – did your test take that into account?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CArcher
Contributor

SOLVE
Yes, I think that’s the issue. Because most of these contacts will be from Offline Sources(outbound sales prospecting), there is a good chance they haven’t accepted cookies before, and probably won’t when they visit the landing page, which would make page views a pretty unreliable solution.
0 Upvotes