Sales Email

MClifton
Contributor

Sending a PDF as an email

SOLVE

It would be great to be able to send a PDF as a email.  Instead of having to open up the email and then open up the pdf attachment, you would just have the email open up as the PDF file.  Clean, easier to read and one step action.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MClifton,

The drag and drop email editor in HubSpot is quite flexible – these types of emails can be created in the email tool.

The examples that you shared can be recreated by picking the right background colors, adding images to 2- and 3-column layouts etc.

If you're getting stuck while trying, let me know. Feel free to share a screenshot and I'll happily provide feedback and guidance.

Generally I'd recommend to play around with the email tool and the design and layout options. You'll probably find that it's more powerful than it looks at first.

HubSpot does not have a feature that lets you upload and send a PDF however. That's unfortunately simply not possible.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Dhemes

SOLVE

You can send PDF files directly from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader using a webmail account like Gmail or Yahoo. 
Steps to send a PDF by email from Acrobat.
Open the PDF in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, and click the Send File By Email icon ( ) in the top-right corner of the toolbar.

Regards,

Will

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dhemes, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MClifton,

This is currently not possible. It wouldn't be something HubSpot could develop or solve, if I understand your request correctly. On a grander scale, it would require email service providers and email clients to overhaul how emails are being sent. Technology would have to be updated to allow for sending standalone files, Microsoft, Google, Apple etc would have to update their apps to accept them and to open those files as a default action in their apps.

Attaching a PDF file or linking to an uploaded PDF file is still the best option.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MClifton
Contributor

SOLVE

Karsten,

It's not a difficult as I think you are seeing.  If you look at apps like Constant Contact, it is already being done.  I used Constant Contact when I was on my childs PTA Board for communicating with all the parents in the school.  The email was set up so it truly looked like a flyer and not a static word based email.  I could include great pictures, video and sound files that were instantly seen when the receiver opened the email. 

MClifton_0-1655901985097.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MClifton,

The drag and drop email editor in HubSpot is quite flexible – these types of emails can be created in the email tool.

The examples that you shared can be recreated by picking the right background colors, adding images to 2- and 3-column layouts etc.

If you're getting stuck while trying, let me know. Feel free to share a screenshot and I'll happily provide feedback and guidance.

Generally I'd recommend to play around with the email tool and the design and layout options. You'll probably find that it's more powerful than it looks at first.

HubSpot does not have a feature that lets you upload and send a PDF however. That's unfortunately simply not possible.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler