Sales Email

vladcalus

Send threaded email and then start a NEW thread email in the same sequence?

SOLVE

Hey guys, I'm looking for an advice on how to make it happen. 

So here's what I want to achieve. I'm looking to create a sequence of emails that goes with threaded emails enabled: 

1. Day 1 - First email
  2. 3 days - second email
  3. 4 days - third email

If no reply, then the sequence will start a NEW email (without replying to the previous emails), with a new flow: 

1. first
  2. second
  3. third

Hope that makes sense. 

Let me know if you know how to deliver it. 

The only solution that comes to mind is to move the contacts that haven't replied from the first sequence in the 2nd sequence, but I was hoping I can make it in the same sequence. 

1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@vladcalus  - Great question!

There is a switch in the settings that lets you do this in every sequence.  You can even change it on an already existing sequence that has it on and turn it off specifically for the enrollment you are doing at that moment.

Here is the place on the knowledge article that will show you where it is: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/create-and-edit-sequences#edit-sequence-settings 

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Nadz
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

I also looking forward to see if we can break up a Hubspot sequence into multiple email threads. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Nadz-

oa1
Participant

SOLVE

Bump

Can confirm it's all or none on the reply thread. I want to send 2 emails in a sequence then a third with a seperate subject line and not as a reply. Please make this a setting! Thanks

CWhitmore

SOLVE

I am also looking for this capability. After chatting with HubSpot support, this functionality is not currently possible. You will need to create a new email sequence. It would be nice is this functionality could be added in the future. 

warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

@vladcalus  - Great question!

There is a switch in the settings that lets you do this in every sequence.  You can even change it on an already existing sequence that has it on and turn it off specifically for the enrollment you are doing at that moment.

Here is the place on the knowledge article that will show you where it is: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/create-and-edit-sequences#edit-sequence-settings 

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

BStefl4
Participant

SOLVE

This does not solve the issue. What people are asking for is the ability to thread the first few email steps in a sequence and then send the next email in the thread as a NEW email that is not threaded with the rest. This solution proposed only allows you to choose one of the other for the sequnce across the board so that all emails either are threaded or not threaded. Having the ability to choose which steps to thread and which steps not to thread would be such a helpful feature. I'm surprised it doesnt already exist.

DTadd1
Participant

SOLVE

I think OP is looking for a different solution. The switch you are referring to only lets you set threading for all or none of the emails in the sequence. OP wants to have two seperate threads in a single sequence. Or rather, set each consecutive email as a reply or non reply to the previous. Outreach.io lets you do this.

I'd like to see this feature as well because we just switched from Outrach to HS.

Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @vladcalus , 

I'm afraid I don't think you can pull this off automatically. I had a quick look to see if you could acheive this with a workflow, but it doesn't look like you can, as you can't pick a sequence as a trigger. 

Sorry I can't help here. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @vladcalus 

Thank you for the information provided and I apologize for the delayed answer! 

I'll tag a few experts that can share their thoughts with you about this topic.

Hey @BethanyH @warrendavey @Dan1 any advice you can give to @vladcalus

Thank you & Happy Friday
Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !