Sales Email

dmattauch
Top Contributor

Send Sales Email From Workflow

SOLVE

Hi,

I guess this questions has been asked before but can't find the answer.

In a workflow, is it possible to send a 1-1 email from a sales user to a customer?

Doesn't seem possible by default because "external communication" is marketing email, but is there a way to work around it ?

Many thanks

David

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

Yes and no. Some portals (including mine) have apparently been ungated for a new type of action in workflow: enrolling contacts into a sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1626956112127.png

You would then select the sequence and the sender:

karstenkoehler_1-1626956164663.png

If your sequence only contains one email, this would be a workaround to sending a one-to-one email to a contact.

Aside from this new workflow action I'm not aware of any ways to automatically send one-to-one emails.

Best regards!

PS. There is of course always the option to send a marketing email from a sales contact owner and make it appear like a regular email by choosing a plain-text email. It would always have the "Manage preferences" link at the bottom however.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch. Workflows allow you to enroll contacts into sequences, which could help send sales emails like you may be thinking. Otherwise sending as the contact owner would "feel like" a 1:1 email, but it's still a marketing email. 

Is the issue you're running into connected to marketing contact status? Can you elaborate with what you're trying to accomplish by using automation (workflow) instead of perhaps setting a task reminder to send the 1:1 email? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch. Workflows allow you to enroll contacts into sequences, which could help send sales emails like you may be thinking. Otherwise sending as the contact owner would "feel like" a 1:1 email, but it's still a marketing email. 

Is the issue you're running into connected to marketing contact status? Can you elaborate with what you're trying to accomplish by using automation (workflow) instead of perhaps setting a task reminder to send the 1:1 email? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
dmattauch
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

Just looked the article, thanks for the clarification. It's for a pro customer, i looked up the video it would be perfect. I just need to send an email from the contact owner to the customer once x criteria is met.

They don't have marketing pro, so i can't do that.

I'll stick with the tasks for now, and wait for an update on when a beta will be available for pro customers. 

Many thanks,

David

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

Yes and no. Some portals (including mine) have apparently been ungated for a new type of action in workflow: enrolling contacts into a sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1626956112127.png

You would then select the sequence and the sender:

karstenkoehler_1-1626956164663.png

If your sequence only contains one email, this would be a workaround to sending a one-to-one email to a contact.

Aside from this new workflow action I'm not aware of any ways to automatically send one-to-one emails.

Best regards!

PS. There is of course always the option to send a marketing email from a sales contact owner and make it appear like a regular email by choosing a plain-text email. It would always have the "Manage preferences" link at the bottom however.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dmattauch
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Karsten, thanks for your answer. How did you unlock this new feature ? 

I don't see it on any on my customers portal, even entreprise.

Many thanks for your response

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

HubSpot seems to ungate this gradually. I'd recommend reaching out to your customer success manager and asking about it. (This requires a Sales or Service Hub Professional subscription.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler