Send Sales Email From Workflow

SOLVE
dmattauch
Participant

Hi,

I guess this questions has been asked before but can't find the answer.

In a workflow, is it possible to send a 1-1 email from a sales user to a customer?

Doesn't seem possible by default because "external communication" is marketing email, but is there a way to work around it ?

Many thanks

David

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @dmattauch,

Yes and no. Some portals (including mine) have apparently been ungated for a new type of action in workflow: enrolling contacts into a sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1626956112127.png

You would then select the sequence and the sender:

karstenkoehler_1-1626956164663.png

If your sequence only contains one email, this would be a workaround to sending a one-to-one email to a contact.

Aside from this new workflow action I'm not aware of any ways to automatically send one-to-one emails.

Best regards!

PS. There is of course always the option to send a marketing email from a sales contact owner and make it appear like a regular email by choosing a plain-text email. It would always have the "Manage preferences" link at the bottom however.

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @dmattauch. Workflows allow you to enroll contacts into sequences, which could help send sales emails like you may be thinking. Otherwise sending as the contact owner would "feel like" a 1:1 email, but it's still a marketing email. 

Is the issue you're running into connected to marketing contact status? Can you elaborate with what you're trying to accomplish by using automation (workflow) instead of perhaps setting a task reminder to send the 1:1 email? 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Strategist

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @dmattauch,

Yes and no. Some portals (including mine) have apparently been ungated for a new type of action in workflow: enrolling contacts into a sequence:

karstenkoehler_0-1626956112127.png

You would then select the sequence and the sender:

karstenkoehler_1-1626956164663.png

If your sequence only contains one email, this would be a workaround to sending a one-to-one email to a contact.

Aside from this new workflow action I'm not aware of any ways to automatically send one-to-one emails.

Best regards!

PS. There is of course always the option to send a marketing email from a sales contact owner and make it appear like a regular email by choosing a plain-text email. It would always have the "Manage preferences" link at the bottom however.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dmattauch
Participant

Hey Karsten, thanks for your answer. How did you unlock this new feature ? 

I don't see it on any on my customers portal, even entreprise.

Many thanks for your response

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Most Valuable Member

Hi @dmattauch,

HubSpot seems to ungate this gradually. I'd recommend reaching out to your customer success manager and asking about it. (This requires a Sales or Service Hub Professional subscription.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

danmoyle
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @dmattauch. Workflows allow you to enroll contacts into sequences, which could help send sales emails like you may be thinking. Otherwise sending as the contact owner would "feel like" a 1:1 email, but it's still a marketing email. 

Is the issue you're running into connected to marketing contact status? Can you elaborate with what you're trying to accomplish by using automation (workflow) instead of perhaps setting a task reminder to send the 1:1 email? 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Strategist

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/

dmattauch
Participant

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

Just looked the article, thanks for the clarification. It's for a pro customer, i looked up the video it would be perfect. I just need to send an email from the contact owner to the customer once x criteria is met.

They don't have marketing pro, so i can't do that.

I'll stick with the tasks for now, and wait for an update on when a beta will be available for pro customers. 

Many thanks,

David

0 Upvotes