Sales Email

Gotcha
Participant

Sales emails going to Spam?

I hired a new sales director and he is convinced HubSpot's tracking code is causing emails to go to Spam.

I also am noticing that alot of my emails never get opened.

He said once he stopped using the tracking tool, his opens went up quite a bit. 

One example he sent a client an email twice while on the phone, and the email went to spam.

Anyone else seeing this?

11 Replies 11
Contributor

May i ask how did you realize that sales emails end up in spam? Is there any feature in Hubspot? I cannot see any report to anlayze One-to-One emails.

0 Upvotes
Gotcha
Participant

My new salesperson was following up with clients/prospects via phone and they stated they never got the emails. The client/prospect would then look through the spam folder and find it. This happened multiple times. It's been a while since we researched it, but we did some investigating and it all pointed to emails and the tracking code from Hubspot.

Contributor

Ah I see - so you added tracking code on the sales emails. I try to find the spam report for one to one emails and could not find anything. We also use google extensions and we enabled GDPR options so at least there is no way to see spams as a report.

0 Upvotes
startetm

Hey @Gotcha  , not sure if you're still having this issue but I was having the same issue and when I enabled 2 factor authentication on my account it fixed the email spam issue. 

I hope this helps! 

rdangond
Participant

Totally accurate!!! 

I've performed the same tests and emails sent from my Gmail account with HubSpot extension disconnected went to inbox without any issues.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @rdangond I was able to confirm that any emails sent as sales emails do come from the connected inboxes directly, at the moment there is not much that we can do on our end to prevent those spam markings. Some steps that the recipients can take to prevent this moving forward would whitelist your sending addresses and manually move emails from spam into the inbox to train the inbox to recognize your emails as legitimate.

This blog here offers some tips to prevent your emails from going to spam. It discusses some tips such as don't use all caps in the email's subject line and offers a list of spam keywords. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Gotcha  since the emails sent are sales and/or one-to-one emails instead of being sent through a connected inbox, in this case, your email provider is actually the sender in this case.

I also wanted to share this blog offers some tips to prevent your emails from going to spam. It discusses some tips such as don't use all caps in the email's subject line and offers a list of spam keywords. Click here for more information.

Please note since one-to-one emails are sent by your external email client, there is limited troubleshooting that can be done from HubSpot's side; however, I recommend following some of the tips in the blog post to make sure the wording or format of your email is causing it to go to spam.

Do you know the sending reputation of your domain? The email could have been placed in spam based on the email sending reputationAs a recipient, you can drag it to your inbox, open it and click on it so your email client "learns" that it should be placed in your inbox.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Gotcha
Participant

We believe it is the tracking code that is causing the issue.

In my limited testing, I sent emails last week to several contacts that have not responded or opened previous emails.  Last weeks emails were sent from Gmail using the log feature but not tracking. I had a much higher response rate.

0 Upvotes
shane99
Participant

Same - It is the tracking code. When I turn it off in Hubspot and disable the Gmail Browser Extension - The emails are received as normal. However, the moment I turn tracking and the Gmail browser extension back on - many recipients do not get the emails. I have email accounts on the affected ISP's and I have tested this extensively. It is the Hubspot tracking code. 

DOatley
Participant

I have had the exact same issue. I have checked the email headers and with the tracking enabled, the SPAM rating went up tremendously. How does Hubspot propose to fix this?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Gotcha , if the recipient has a very strict spam filter where they block any images or link tracking from loading in emails, your tracked email could be filtered as spam. However, email tracking tools are common, and the majority of email clients will not view your email any differently than before.

In this article here It’s important to note that email deliverability is dependent on multiple variables and not just one. While you mentioned that tracked emails land in spam folders and non tracked emails do not, it can be difficult to attribute the spam inbox placement to the tracked link alone. In general, the sending reputation tied to your IP address and your domain is the biggest attribute when it comes to inbox placement which is primarily determined by your sending habits.

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam