Sales Email

DDavison
Participant

Report Sequence to Close Won

SOLVE

Hi- In my team we are looking for a solution to get the reports from all the contacts that go enrolled in a sequence > created a deal. Then of how many of those contacts that were enrolled in the sequence we actually won. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDavison,

This would require some tinkering and it cannot be shown in one report, you'll have to create one for all deals associated with contacts who were in a sequence, one for deals associated with contacts who weren't.

Whether a contact was enrolled in a sequence or not is stored in the contact property Now in sequence. First, we need to make this information available for deal records by creating a custom single checkbox property Now in sequence (Or rather At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence). It should take two values, True and False.

Next, you'd create a contact-based workflow with the enrollment trigger At least one associated Deal has Create date is known. You would then use an if/then branch to set/copy the property value from contact to deal. If Now in sequence has ever been true for a contact, copy the value into the At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence deal property. Same for the false value.

You can now navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports and click Create custom report and select Funnels > Deals. Select the pipeline and add all deal stages that you're interested in. If everything looks right, find the Filters button on the upper left and filter by At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence is true. Save the report and create another report for the false value.

I'd recommend placing these next to each other in a dashboard for easy comparison.

Keep in mind that these reports won't tell you if it was the last sequence out of potentially multiple ones that led to a deal. A contact enrolled into a sequence years earlier and now associated with an unrelated deal would also show up in this report. (This is a direct result of the limited options in HubSpot. The only property we can work with here is Now in sequence.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DDavison
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for this! I am not sure this will solve my problem but I will try it and see what I can get! Thanks 🙂

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDavison,

This would require some tinkering and it cannot be shown in one report, you'll have to create one for all deals associated with contacts who were in a sequence, one for deals associated with contacts who weren't.

Whether a contact was enrolled in a sequence or not is stored in the contact property Now in sequence. First, we need to make this information available for deal records by creating a custom single checkbox property Now in sequence (Or rather At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence). It should take two values, True and False.

Next, you'd create a contact-based workflow with the enrollment trigger At least one associated Deal has Create date is known. You would then use an if/then branch to set/copy the property value from contact to deal. If Now in sequence has ever been true for a contact, copy the value into the At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence deal property. Same for the false value.

You can now navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports and click Create custom report and select Funnels > Deals. Select the pipeline and add all deal stages that you're interested in. If everything looks right, find the Filters button on the upper left and filter by At least one associated contact has ever been in sequence is true. Save the report and create another report for the false value.

I'd recommend placing these next to each other in a dashboard for easy comparison.

Keep in mind that these reports won't tell you if it was the last sequence out of potentially multiple ones that led to a deal. A contact enrolled into a sequence years earlier and now associated with an unrelated deal would also show up in this report. (This is a direct result of the limited options in HubSpot. The only property we can work with here is Now in sequence.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.