Sales Email

bcalbickstackd
Membro

Repetetive "Email opened" notifications

Hubspot notifies me when I open my own sent email, like when I go to "reply all" to the original email for follow up, or even when I just view that email within Outlook in the reading pane.......but shows the opening as being done by the recipient. So I end up with multiple openning notifications and therefore have no idea if the recipient ever openend it or if it was just caused by me looking at or scanning past that original sent mail.

How do I eliminate this from occuring and only show when the actual recipient has opened the email? I realize there are embedded images and so I don't "cut/paste" my emails

0 Avaliação positiva
7 Respostas 7
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello @bcalbickstackd ,

Welcome to the Community, when you open a tracked email that you sent from your Outlook or Gmail inbox, you may trigger an instant open notification from HubSpot Sales, you are able to block these notifications.

I will send you our Knowledge Base article with more information about it :

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
bcalbickstackd
Membro

Thanks very much Pam!

0 Avaliação positiva
bcalbickstackd
Membro

Ok, that didn't actually help at all since it doesn't specify any steps to take to stop the issue, other than to be "up to date". Is there someone I could potentially speak to about the issue?

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello @bcalbickstackd,

On this article here

there is two steps to stop this self-open email, one for Gmail and one for Outlook, you will need to follow either step with the connected inbox you have in HubSpot. 

Please note: these steps apply to the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on Windows. If you have the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, follow the troubleshooting steps for that add-in instead.

Your access to HubSpot Support depends on your subscription type, you are able to see more information on this article here 

Kindly,

Pam

0 Avaliação positiva
bcalbickstackd
Membro

"the troubleshooting steps for that add-in instead"

I read through this when you first sent the help. Please let me know where in this article it mentions this issue or provides a reslution. I have read it twice again, and maybe its me being completley oblivious and just not seeing it, but I don't see it.

Thx

Brad

0 Avaliação positiva
bcalbickstackd
Membro

Just wondering if there is anything further you can offer....appreciate the effort. Thanks!

Brad

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello @bcalbickstackd 

If you're using HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in, you will need to follow the steps in this article

Block self-open notifications with the Outlook desktop add-in:

• Ensure you are allowing cookies in Internet Explorer. When you sign in to HubSpot Sales in Outlook (for Windows), Internet Explorer is used in the background to save your login information. If cookies are not enabled in Internet Explorer, you may have two problems:

To allow cookies in Internet Explorer: 

• Open Internet Explorer.
  • In the upper right, click the gear icon, then select Internet Options.

• Click the Privacy tab.
  • On the Privacy tab, click Advanced.

• Make sure Accept is selected under Third-party Cookies, and the Always allow session cookies checkbox is selected.

• Click OK.

Once these settings are saved, you may be prompted to sign into HubSpot Sales in Outlook one more time.

If this does not work I would recommend the next steps being : 

You can also prevent open notifications by blocking a specif IP addresses. Learn more about blocking specific IP addresses from tracking in your HubSpot account.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Avaliação positiva