Sales Email

TaraLeigh

Repeat Contacts Created Through Netsuite

Hi all -

Hoping some one can help me get on the right track here.

As I clean and sort our database, I'm finding all of these contacts with "Netsuite" associated as the company. I've identified some of our actual clients that seem to get remade as a new contact everytime they email with Netsuite as the associated company even though they are with a different company.

Is this in the sales settings somewhere? I'm in marketing and am wondering how to keep all of these new contacts being made - it's quite unmanageable.

Thanks!

Tara

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Repeat Contacts Created Through Netsuite

Hello @TaraLeigh 

I apologize for the delay here, were you able to get these questions solved?

If not after researching more about Netsuite look like that is an integration that could sync contacts to HubSpot. My recommendation would be checking with your team about this integration connected and see if the emails associated with this company have the domain @ netsuite.com associated with them that would be the reason for the association.

When a new contact is added through import, form submission, or API, HubSpot will look for a matching value in the Email property. If a contact already exists in your account with the same email address, the new contact information will be added to the existing contact record.

For companies you can choose to let HubSpot associate contacts with companies by matching the domain in a contact's Email address value to the company record's Company Domain Name value. For example, the contact with the email address "sandra@test.com" will be associated with the company Domain Name "test.com".

More information on how to turn this feature of associating contact with the company: Automatically create and associate companies with contacts

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes