Sales Email

JonDFreeman
Participant

Rep asked for a report showing email opens for their sequences

SOLVE

These aren't marketing emails, they're emails sent by a salesperson. And the rep wants a report that would allow them to see what emails were opened the most.

Anyone know what type of report this is? I've dug around and found little luck for the reps request.

1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JonDFreeman 

Sorry I didn't quite get the answer you needed.
While there may not be a report on this, you could use the contact properties for recent sales email open date, recent sales email click date or recent sales email reply date - then select a range of dates like last quarter or last month. Aside from looking at the individual contact record, there's no way to see how many times a contact has clicked an email. 

I would recommend using templates and/or set up a HubSpot sequence to gain greater insights into which emails are the most successful.  Best of luck!
-Will

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
jackieru
Participant

SOLVE

My reps asked for the same thing. There seems to be no easy way to get/create/export a list, leaving them going into individual records. 

0 Upvotes
MGruber720
Contributor

SOLVE

@JonDFreeman completely agree, above not clear if there is a solution, have you been able to figure this out? We're a start up with 18mth+ sales cycles targeting municipalities, working to take 2 clients and grow to 10. We are currently using free HS, I've searched high and low and can't find a report that provides this fundamental sales data. There is a report on total number of emails sent by period, is there away to find total sales email opens? @willsmith creating a sequence shouldn't be necessary, if the # of emails sent is available why is # of opens not available (at least from what I can find)? Appreciate the help, this is a core need and would prefer not take my time invested in HS to a platform that will provide this. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
smcquillan
Participant

SOLVE

Got the same request from a rep - wants to be able to see individual contacts enrolled in a sequence who opened one or more emails. Trying to figure out a work-around. 

willsmith

SOLVE

Hi @JonDFreeman 

If I am understanding your question correctly, here is how to find this:

1. In the main navigation go to Reports > Analytics Tools. Select Sales Content Analytics.

2. Select the Sequences tab. 

3. This data can be exported or saved as a report by selecting Export or Save as report from the right side of your screen. 
4. For more detail, select the name of the sequence in the chart at the bottom.

Sequence_Analytics___HubSpot.png

5. On the next screen select the name of the sales rep in the Enrolled by drop-down menu. 

Sequences___HubSpot.png

This should show the data you are looking for: the open rate, click rate, reply rate and meetings booked rate by email. This report cannot be saved or exported, I recommend taking a screenshot OR (if your team has the right permissions) teach your team how to find this information. 

Sequences___HubSpot.png

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to assist the rest of the community. Thank you. 
-Will

0 Upvotes
JonDFreeman
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply, but I don't want analytics on a sequence. I want to know across all sequences to any of my contacts how many times an email has been opened. The more opens the more likely it is that they are interested in the content. In addition, it also is an indication that the email is being passed around to others. 

I'm surprised this isn't something more common as any rep would like to know who's email's are getting the most attention.

willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JonDFreeman 

Sorry I didn't quite get the answer you needed.
While there may not be a report on this, you could use the contact properties for recent sales email open date, recent sales email click date or recent sales email reply date - then select a range of dates like last quarter or last month. Aside from looking at the individual contact record, there's no way to see how many times a contact has clicked an email. 

I would recommend using templates and/or set up a HubSpot sequence to gain greater insights into which emails are the most successful.  Best of luck!
-Will

JonDFreeman
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your help Will. Crazy to me that HS hasn't realized this need and something that commonly tracked by salespeople in salesforce every day.

Only knowing if an email was opened or clicked on versus how many times ignore how emails are sent around prospect's organizations and how that activity helps measure interest.

With all the great new ways to look at activity in HS, this missing piece is a real disappointment and makes me wonder if any true salespeople work at hubspot.

Or, maybe I'm just being dumb about all of this and there's some "new way" that HS uses at the rep level that I'm being stubborn or ignorant about.