Sales Email

DougFish

Recipient was suppressed due to low engagement

SOLVE

I have several contacts who I can't send emails to who HAVE NOT tried to opt out. they may now have high open rates but they nonetheless want to continue hearing from me.

How can I change their status to allow emails to go through?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ITMarketer
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

There is a checkbox when sending a marketing email that if checked excludes the people who have been supresseed due to low engagement. Which are people who haven't opened the last 11 emails they received. Make sure that box is not checked on your marketing emails then you should be set.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sending-my-email-to-unengag...

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@corbius @STaraskiewicz You can re-create HubSpot's graymail suppression with your own criteria, either excluding more or fewer contacts from your sends. These are the properties you'd be working with:

Sends since last engagement

Last marketing email open date

Last marketing email click date

Navigate to Contacts > Lists > Create a list > Contact-based > Active list > Contact properties and find the properties listed above. You can now set your own criteria for graymal. For example, if HubSpot excludes too many contacts with the checkbox, increase the number for Sends since last engagement. Your list size should decrease. Alternatively, you could build a list of contacts who have not opened an email since end of 2019. Once you're list is saved, insert it into the "Do not send to" field in the email Recipients tab.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

---EDIT: Never mind, I found the solution ---

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@corbius @STaraskiewicz You can re-create HubSpot's graymail suppression with your own criteria, either excluding more or fewer contacts from your sends. These are the properties you'd be working with:

Sends since last engagement

Last marketing email open date

Last marketing email click date

Navigate to Contacts > Lists > Create a list > Contact-based > Active list > Contact properties and find the properties listed above. You can now set your own criteria for graymal. For example, if HubSpot excludes too many contacts with the checkbox, increase the number for Sends since last engagement. Your list size should decrease. Alternatively, you could build a list of contacts who have not opened an email since end of 2019. Once you're list is saved, insert it into the "Do not send to" field in the email Recipients tab.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

STaraskiewicz
Participant

SOLVE

Filtering out by date of engagement does not work for us. We have some people that are engaged in person or on the phone, or regular email, but have not opened a Marketing Email in (example) two years. We want them to still receive these emails. 

It would be useful if there was an option to override an individual from the suppresion list. 

ITMarketer
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

There is a checkbox when sending a marketing email that if checked excludes the people who have been supresseed due to low engagement. Which are people who haven't opened the last 11 emails they received. Make sure that box is not checked on your marketing emails then you should be set.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sending-my-email-to-unengag...

CWestMidlands

SOLVE

But how do I uncheck that box ? 

0 Upvotes
corbius
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for suggesting this, the trouble is that I have a similar isssue and I do not wish to uncheck the box when sending a marketing email (to improve my email health score). I just want to do it to some, not to others. What's the best way then? Workflow?

CASBO_David
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

Have you been able to successfully accomplish this? I am looking to accomplish something similar for those who auto-enroll in our workflows (e.g. via form submission and the like).

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @CASBO_David,

Could you please provide us more details of your current goal?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
STaraskiewicz
Participant

SOLVE
I’m in the same boat. I don’t want to uncheck the box for everyone, but I want to make sure only a handful of low engagement people receive my marketing emails
RDay4

SOLVE

Why can't you just select a recipient the email wasn't sent to due to low engagement and have an option to 'send despite low engagement' or something.

Bob2245

SOLVE

You can use the solution provided above. Do this:

1. Make a list called something like 'Send regardless of engagement' 
  2. Set the criteria to include those people who you always want to send to (like email address is ABC, or Company is DEF etc.)
  3. Now make a list 'Unengaged, do not send'
  4. Set the criteria to be 'Sends since last engagement >= X', where you can choose X to be whatever you want.
  5. Also set 'AND is NOT a member of the list from step 1'
  6. Now when sending your email, instead of ticking 'Do not send to unengaged contacts', add the list from step 3 as your Do not send to ... list
STaraskiewicz
Participant

SOLVE
I was thinking something similar... or having a check box that says "send
regardless of engagement"
0 Upvotes