Receiving emails with other reply-to addresses than the sender

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey,

We receive a lot of automatic emails from our contact form on our website from customers. Customers then enter their email addresses, and then the email is sent from our own email, to our own email. However, these emails have the customers email as a reply-to address, so when we reply to these emails, the reply should be sent to the customers address (the reply-to address), and not our own.

In the HubSpot Email, it seems that this reply-to email is lost and replies are sent to the sender email. 

Is this solveable? It would help us a lot. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hi @Alzie,

Do you mind sharing a bit more about the set up you have? It sounds like you are getting form submission notifications that include contacts' email addresses, and then those emails are being forwarded to HubSpot. Is that the case? 

If so, the email address of the sender is what will associate with a contact record within HubSpot. If the email address is contained in the body of the email, that will not register to a contact. 

One workaround would be to use a HubSpot form, through which you can connect email addresses which will associate and/or create contact records within your CRM. 

If I am misunderstanding, please let me know. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

You have understood it correctly. It is a form. However, the form is filled in externally on a large marketplace, which makes us unable to change the form settings.

Any workaround for this our should we search for another system that can handle reply-to addresses?

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Alzie,

Depending on your subscription level, using workflows could be a solution. 

If you do not have access to the workflows tool, I would recommend using the notifications within the conversations tool to create new contacts for the from submissions.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,

could you please let me know how the workflow and the notification solutions would work more practically?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Alzie,

The notifications I am referring to are outlined here.

If you're able to link the email submission to trigger a workflow, you could use a workflow to create an internal email notification for users so that they would be notified as to when to create a new contact. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hey,

Both of these seem like very non-optimal solutions to the problem?

0 Upvotes