Sales Email

TealWatkins

Re: random emails being associated together

Just chiming in here as I have the same problem, although it looks like not much has happened since 2018.  I'm using the platform individually and have emailed 2 very seperate clients. When I look at the email history for each of them, HubSpot has merged them together.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: random emails being associated together

Hi @TealWatkins 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I've moved your reply as a new post as there could be multiple reasons why this is happening. 

Sometimes, threaded conversations on the contact or company timeline can get mixed up and include emails that are not associated with that particular contact or company record.

Within Outlook online and Office 365 for example, it is possible to stay within one compose window or conversation view and send many iterations of the same email to different recipients, using either “reply-all,” or “forward” after each send to add a new recipient address.

Sending in this manner causes many of the emails sent this way to be incorrectly tagged with the same threadid. This occurs because Outlook passes the same threadid to HubSpot for different conversations that actually shouldn’t thread together within HubSpot.

To avoid this issue, please send (or reply to) each Sales email using a different compose window, and avoid using “reply-all” or “forward” options to send an additional email to a prospect.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes