Re-Validating Emails

Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay, let me know if I'm being a stupid **bleep**, but Hubspot keeps telling me that I can't add someone to a sequence or send an email because "that address had previously bounced" etc. The issue is that it tells you to confirm it's valid and then try sending again but doesn't offer a convenient place to go validate the address. Feel like a crazy person here. Where can I re-validate the email? And is there some sort of logic I can train to tell it that jsmith@email.com and john.smith@email.com are not the same address and therefore doesn't need to be flagged? Help is appreciated!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Which error message are you getting exactly? 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
We help B2Bs on HubSpot turn visitors into quality sales opportunites.
HubSpot Platinum Partner Logo HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

First off, very suprised that "i d iot" is considered a curse word according to Hubspot. 

The error message: There was an issue sending your email
A recipient on this email thread previously bounced, marked an email as spam, or unsubscribed. Learn more.

I email this prospect at address A (jsmith@email.com) and it bounces. I find an up-to-date email, address B (john@email.com) and it won't let me email them, throwing up the above error message. Of course, I try again just now and it let me send it just fine.

The issue I'm having is that when I go to add people like this to a sequence, it won't let me add them until I "validate their email" but I can't seem to find out how. Is there a portal by which you can manually tell the system that a given address is in fact valid?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

The second error message I receive when attempting to add them to a sequence as opposed to a 1-off email: Michael can't be enrolled in this sequence
Previous emails sent to this contact from other HubSpot accounts have bounced. Please try a different contact or confirm this contact's mail address is up to date before enrolling again. Learn more.

In this scenario, I used mailtester to verify the guy's address and it said it was a working and valid address. So I thought "okay, all I have to do is tell it that it's valid" but I can't figure out where to go to do that. I promise I'm not a grandma, just used to SFDC and new to the whole Sequences thing.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @hscomuser2345,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Let me know and I'm happy to help if you are.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes