Privacy linking Outlook and Hubspot

Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

I am wondering, does maybe somebody knows if we have to ask for permission with the salesman, if we want to link their workmailadresses through Outlook/Hubspot? Ofcourse we are going to communicate about this, but I am wondering if we have to have permission because of privacy. On the other hand, it is work-mail, so I do not see why we should have permission. We are located in The Netherlands, I do not know if that makes a difference? 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Broshuisels  Is this the same issue you are working with our support team on? If not, can you expand a bit further on your question?

You can add free Sales users to your account and have them connect their inboxes to HubSpot for logging and tracking purposes. You do not have to reach out to HubSpot to  add those new users. 

Does this answer your question? 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Ed, 

No I am not working with Hubspot support on this issue, it is more like a privacy issue. 

My question is: from privacy point of view, should we have permission from our salesmen when we want to link Outlook with Hubspot? So it is not a Hubspot Support issue, but more like a privacy / business issue. The salesmen can use their Outlook work-email also private, however the Outlook email is provided by our company. But I am wondering if we should have their permission before linking Outlook with Hubspot. Because their emails will be logged in a system and therefore visible for more users then only themselves. 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Broshuisels  IfI'm understanding you correctly, you are providing the Outlook 365 plug-in by they will need to install it on your users' personal machines?   If you are providing Outlook 365 to your employees on a company owned computer, you should not have to receive permission as this is a tool your a providing to your staff. However, I can't speak for the privacy laws of your country, so it would be better to reach out to your legal team for further advice. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes