Placeholders not working in Templates

jasonashaw
Contributor

Hi,

We have tried using placeholders in templates, but instead of prompting for the text to use to overwrite the placeholders, the email just inserts bracketed text (eg [[ MISSING PLACEHOLDER - PRODUCT ]]).

The Placeholder works very well in the template as part of a sequence, but not at all just in  a template for an email (eg using Gmail).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jason

8 Replies 8
scubes13
Participant

I just spoke with support about the same thing. Apparently this feature only works for Sequence emails.

If you are trying to use it with a manual email, it will just dump the bracketed data into the email. 

SeanHenri
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

This makes zero sense. Hope they'll change this!

SensiML
Participant

Agree.  Makes no sense this doesn't work.  Generating quote emails with templates that include placeholders for custom SOWs doesn't flow well w/o this.  HS seems to have notable deficiencies for B2B workflows.

StanBartczak
Participant | Diamond Partner

Please fix this

RBecker
Participant

Seconding all of these complaints. This is an incredibly frustrating feature and hinders our sales process. It's also incredibly misleading to say "Placeholder tokens must be filled out before sending a template or sequence." (from the description of a placeholder token) and then only have it work on sequences. HubSpot PLEASE fix this issue or at the bare minimum update the description of your product to accurately state its capabilities.

DLockwood
Participant

Yes, please fix this feature. It would be actually useful if it works at stipulated.

EBrown4
Participant

Hubspot, we are just getting started using your CRM.  This placeholder was something I thought would be amazing and help so much with our client emails.  It's fairly useless though unless there is a prompt or it is highlighted in some way.  Please look into updating this urgently!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @EBrown4 @DLockwood and people in this thread

I'm sorry for any business impact this has caused, and I'd really recommend upvoting and commenting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes