Sales Email

AKitay

Pause sequence with email reply instead of unenroll

SOLVE

I have my sequences set to unenroll contacts if anyone from the same company responds to an email. It would be great if we could pause the sequence instead of unenrolling, does anyone have a workaround for this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKitay,

I gave this some thought but I don't think that there are any workarounds at the moment. The basic actions in workflows are enrollment and unenrollment. The only way to pause a sequence would be via tasks. A workaround relying on tasks however would eliminate all the benefits of automation.

If you want an email series to be continued even after a reply (and a pause), have you considered using marketing emails instead? Sequences are meant to get a reply from a recipient and stop once that reply is received. They're not meant to continue. With contact-based workflows and automated marketing emails you would have more flexibility for timing, delays, if/then branches etc.

In sequences, this can currently not be achieved.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKitay,

I gave this some thought but I don't think that there are any workarounds at the moment. The basic actions in workflows are enrollment and unenrollment. The only way to pause a sequence would be via tasks. A workaround relying on tasks however would eliminate all the benefits of automation.

If you want an email series to be continued even after a reply (and a pause), have you considered using marketing emails instead? Sequences are meant to get a reply from a recipient and stop once that reply is received. They're not meant to continue. With contact-based workflows and automated marketing emails you would have more flexibility for timing, delays, if/then branches etc.

In sequences, this can currently not be achieved.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.