[PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING] Troubleshooting IMAP: Required Information

Community Manager

Before you post your questions or IMAP errors please have the following information ready to share with the Community Moderators

1. A screenshot of your IMAP connection screen (including advanced options)

2. Screenshot of the specific error message you are seeing

3. The Hub ID you are trying to connect your email to. Instructions on how to find this here.

4. Confirm you have taken the following steps:

Note: if you have not taken these steps, please do so before posting your question. We will not be able to proceed with troubleshooting until this information is confirmed.

• Manually input your email address and password (as opposed to them automatically populating)
  • Manually input your server and port information
  • Confirmed your email and password are correct
  • Confirmed the ports and servers with your email provider (this step isn't required before trying to connect, however if the auto-populated ports push back an error message, you should reach out to your email provider for this information before posting in the community). 

Once you have gathered this information you can begin a new thread on the Community under the IMAP Setup Board. You can also tag the Community Moderators in your post ( @roisinkirby and @jennysowyrda). 

Additional IMAP resources: 

Knowledgebase IMAP resources: 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
7 Replies
New Contributor

Same issue here. I am certain all the settings have been entered correctly, and have actually tried it several ways, on several different known valid ports. No Joy.

Occasional Contributor

Hi @andrewbacon this seems to be a Hubspot issue. If you search the community, this is a problem with many users. I have tried and tried to get it working with no luck. 

I have emailed @jennysowyrda with no response as of yet. Either they have more important issues or not enough support. We should be able to get an answer within the same day if operating on normal business hours. 

@jennysowyrda, do you have any updates on how to get this working?

Lyle

Community Manager

@lylebrous I have responded to your original thread, so let's keep troubleshooting over there.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda, I have no idea which thread is which. I have emailed you detailed information and you have yet to read the message. 

Occasional Contributor

Have any luck? They have not responded to me either.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I worked on it for over a month with their support team. The problem(s) definately lie within Hubspot, but most of them have gone away. We now have our inbox connected and it works about 90% of the time. Every week or two, it gets disconnected and we have to reconnect it. This is usually an easy fix, but unless we are in the program and notice it being disconnected, we lose the inbound mail being attached.

MEssage me directly and I will try to assist you with getting our inbox connected.

Lyle

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@andrewbacon if you are experiencing an imap issue please start a new thread. This thread is meant to be a guide for what information is required for troubleshooting. If you are experiencing an issue, please provide the information requested above in your post so that we can best assist you on our end. 

0 Upvotes