Sales Email

Cyril_Jacob
Participant

Outlook non-CRM emails synced in Hubspot

SOLVE

Hi. I have connected my MS365 outlook account to Hubspt and downloaded the plugin. Now all my outlook incoming emails are synced in Hubspot, which creates new contacts for those emails. Is there anyway I can restrict this syncing to only incoming emails which are replies to my own Hubspot generated emails?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JonPayne
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Cyril_Jacob - sounds odd. Is the email address you're using also connected to the shared inbox in HubSpot maybe? You can check in HubSpot settings (the little cog at the top right) then Conversations - Inboxes.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
JonPayne
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Cyril - sounds like you've connected your domain to HubSpot OK so that's good. BUT in the next step you've connected your personal email account to the "Shared Inbox" which means that all incoming mail to that email address will get logged to HubSpot. 

Once you've disconnected / switched off your email from the "Shared Inbox" bit, follow these instructions to properly connect your personal inbox to HubSpot in the conventional way. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot

This *should*  mean you can email from the HubSpot platform or Outlook / MS365 but only replies to those emails will automatically be recorded in HubSpot.

If that doesn't fix it - Click on the little help icon at the bottom right of any HubSpot screen and chat with support 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JonPayne
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Cyril_Jacob - sounds odd. Is the email address you're using also connected to the shared inbox in HubSpot maybe? You can check in HubSpot settings (the little cog at the top right) then Conversations - Inboxes.

0 Upvotes
Cyril_Jacob
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jon. Thx a lot for your reply.

Yes I have connected my email account to the shared inbox (by moving the 'status' button to the right in the settings>inboxes menu). If i disconnect it then I can't send emails from within Hubspot (error emssage says the email address isn't available).

0 Upvotes
JonPayne
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Cyril - sounds like you've connected your domain to HubSpot OK so that's good. BUT in the next step you've connected your personal email account to the "Shared Inbox" which means that all incoming mail to that email address will get logged to HubSpot. 

Once you've disconnected / switched off your email from the "Shared Inbox" bit, follow these instructions to properly connect your personal inbox to HubSpot in the conventional way. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot

This *should*  mean you can email from the HubSpot platform or Outlook / MS365 but only replies to those emails will automatically be recorded in HubSpot.

If that doesn't fix it - Click on the little help icon at the bottom right of any HubSpot screen and chat with support 🙂

Cyril_Jacob
Participant

SOLVE

that works. Thx a lot