Outlook for Mac

BARTS

Hi guys,

I had the plugin for Outlook for Mac working fine and then it stopped working and it says I'm connected, but I'm not connected?

Did something happen to it or has Hubspot stopped supporting it?

Cheers,

C

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @BARTS can you confirm exactly what you mean by 'stopped working'. What exactly are you seeing / not seeing'?

0 Upvotes
dbenoit

Hi,

Now this has me being curious!

Is there really an Outlook for Mac connector?

Thanks!

Danyel

BARTS

@roisinkirby, it was working and then one day it showed as not connected, so then, like an **bleep**, I followed the prompts over and over again, but it continued to show as not connected, but it was definitely connected when I installed it.

@dbenoit, there's an add-in in the Outlook store for Outlook for Mac.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

@BARTS could you please share a screenshot?

0 Upvotes
BARTS

@roisinkirby - a screenshot of what?

Are you asking for a screenshot of the conector working, a screenshot of the connector in the Office for Mac store, a screenshot of the connector not working?

Are you able to clarify what it is you want a screenshot of? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
BARTS

Also, why is my post being censored? The word use is i.diot and it's a legitimate work, further it's referenced towards my self/my own behaviour.

Hubspot so fragile we can no longer use every day terms? it's a bit rich for a company that essentially makes money from spamming people but can't use the word i.diot?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @BARTS - apologies for my lack of detail above. 

You reference that the app / extension is telling you that you it's 'connected'. Can you confirm exactly what you mean by that as well as exactly how you installed the extension. Can you please share any screenshots you can of the app confirming a connection.

The more detail you can provide the easier it will be for the support team to help and troubleshoot the behaviour.

Regarding the abuse filters, we use a third party platform to flag and filter derogatory terms. These terms are set by default - not by HubSpot. Granted you were not addressing a fellow member but yourself. However there is no way for our settings to distinguish this use of the word and we still ask that members be respectful at all times in accordance with the HubSpot Community Guidelines

I can assure that HubSpot is absolutely not in the business of unsolicited marketing and sales. Quite the opposite. All of HubSpot's products are CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliant and it is our mission as a company to help businesses grow better with an inbound approach. Lastly, it is against our Terms of Use Policy to send unsolicitated email.

Please let me know how I can further assist with the above issue and I will dig in further with the support and product teams. 

tonydickel

so it would seem that Hubspot have still failed to answer what seems to be a simple question !

so I will answer it...

despite many many requests and despite the information in the plugin description on the "store", there is currently NO WAY to connect Outlook Desktop on the Mac to Hubspot.  This is possible for windows only...

Personally this is VERY FRUSTRATING to me as I only found this out AFTER being led by information published by Hubspot on the web to convert from MacMail to Outlook for Mac to make the connection.  Doing that was really troublesome only then to discover that there is no such plugin.