Sales Email

paulmarshall
Mitglied

Outlook 365 Add-in - Connect a different Office 365 Mail Account

lösung

I am in the process of evaluating Hubspot for our business, and one of the areas I can't seem to resolve is regarding the Outlook Add in.

Currently we have a named email account name@email.address but we also have a general mailbox info@email.address.  The latter manages the main flow of enquiries, orders and support communication so this is key to have integrated into Hubspot.

I've created a Hubspot account on the team for this email address, but the stumbling block I've hit, is enabling it in Outlook.  I've gathered that it's not possible to have both users connected in the addin, meaning I can only natively integrate emails from one account.  Because of the volume, I would like this to be the info@ account.

However, because my named account is my primary Office 365 login (which drives my software, Teams and Sharepoint experience), I cannot get the addin to connect to the info@ account.  Whenever I try to add the mailbox, it pops up the Office 365 login window and immediately proceeds, as it recognises I am signed in with my named account.

Is there a way around this, or preferably a way to integrate both of the email accounts in my Outlook?  

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @paulmarshall 

I recommend connecting your info@email.address to HubSpot's Conversations Inbox. That way you and you team can manage requests via HubSpot. 

But – as you found – when you set up info@email.address in Outlook the HubSpot Plugin doesn't handle the different email accounts.

You could use Outlook 365 in your Web Browser to manage info@email.address but that's not ideal.

Personally I manage multiple accounts (we're a HubSpot Partner Agency so I have one browser per portal e.g. Google Chrome for our business, Firefox for a client's business, Safari for another client's business, etc. That also helps me keep track of which page I'm on (most of the time ;o).

Hope this helps.

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @PamCotton 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @paulmarshall 

I will be tagging some of our top experts to help on this matter, @Kevin-C@ChBuenger@Mike_Eastwood, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @paulmarshall 

I recommend connecting your info@email.address to HubSpot's Conversations Inbox. That way you and you team can manage requests via HubSpot. 

But – as you found – when you set up info@email.address in Outlook the HubSpot Plugin doesn't handle the different email accounts.

You could use Outlook 365 in your Web Browser to manage info@email.address but that's not ideal.

Personally I manage multiple accounts (we're a HubSpot Partner Agency so I have one browser per portal e.g. Google Chrome for our business, Firefox for a client's business, Safari for another client's business, etc. That also helps me keep track of which page I'm on (most of the time ;o).

Hope this helps.

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @PamCotton