Sales Email

RSung

Outgoing messages are not logged in connected inbox

I use hubspot Inbox as a means to manage inbound and outbound messages with customers.  I note that inbound messages show up in the inbox of our webmail; however, outbound messages - both new and replies - do not show up in sent mail.  Is there a way to make this happen?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RSung,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to ask a few clarifying questions regarding the issue you are running into:

1) Are you using the conversations inbox or the personal connected email inbox?

2) Can you please provide context on the sent history? Is that in Conversations > Inboxes or in the sent folder in your email inbox?

The more information and examples you can share, the better the community can assist with next steps. 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
RSung

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for following up! 

In answer to your questions:
1) I'm using the conversations inbox to receive and send messages to customers. However, while the incoming messages show up in my connected email's webmail interface, sent messages (through the conversations inbox) do not.
2) Sent history is in Conversations -> Inbox -> Sent; I'm trying to figure out how to get them to also show up in my email server. 

Thanks!

Ryan

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RSung,

You're very welcome, and thank you for this additional information! 

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions 🙂 

• Do you have a personal email connected to the conversations email or a team email?
  • Are you seeing this behavior for all of your outgoing messages where they are in the sent folder in Conversations but now showing in your email inbox? 

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of an email that is in your sent inbox in the conversations tool, but doesn't show up in your personal email inbox?

If you would like to share it her publically that's fine too, just make sure to blur out anything personal. 

Thanks! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
RSung

Hi @kvlschaefer,

I don't mind questions at all! I appreciate you taking the time to help.

• We have a business email connected to the the conversations email.  No one uses that email separately via the webmail interface; we created it specifically for Hubspot use. 
  • I am seeing this behavior for all outgoing messages.  It looks like no outgoing message sent via hubspot conversations has ever been logged in the sent folder of my email.  

Happy to send you a screenshot of an email that isn't in our sent folder - that can be any email for us!  Will send privately.  Thanks!

Ryan