Sales Email

BBerry9
Membro

Open notifications are time stamped before the email is sent?

resolver

When using the logging/tracking feature recently, I noticed that the "Opened" notifications are time stamped about a minute before I actually send the email. Email sent time, for example, could be 2:45 PM, but the "Opened" notification says that it was opened at 2:44 PM. Any thoughts? I am using the Office 365 add on for HS.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hey @BBerry9,

When you send a tracked email, you might trigger an instant open notification from HubSpot Sales. Usually this happens when you open one of these emails yourself but since email clients and extensions scan and open emails in the background as well, that could also trigger a notification and timestamp.

These self-open email notifications can be blocked. If you have the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, you can follow these steps to block IP addresses to prevent self-open notifications while using that add-in. 

If the problem persists after that, please report back.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @BBerry9 ,

When we send any email, the server also scan it for inappropriate content before sendig it to the contact. This time stamp might be happening because of that.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hey @BBerry9,

When you send a tracked email, you might trigger an instant open notification from HubSpot Sales. Usually this happens when you open one of these emails yourself but since email clients and extensions scan and open emails in the background as well, that could also trigger a notification and timestamp.

These self-open email notifications can be blocked. If you have the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, you can follow these steps to block IP addresses to prevent self-open notifications while using that add-in. 

If the problem persists after that, please report back.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva