Office 365 groups

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How can I add the mailbox of an Office 365 group to hubspot?

23 Replies 23
Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @andrer,

Is there a specific roadblock you're encountering while trying to connect your inbox? Are you looking to set up the inbox through email integrations or through the conversations tool? 

The more detail, screenshots, and information you can provide as to what steps you have taken so far and where you're setting stuck, the better the Community can help! 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny

I trying to setup an office 365 group as our shared mailbox:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

but then i am redirected to the O365 login page:

Capture3.JPG

and if I follow the login procedure the associated account is my personal account.

If I enter the O365 group address in the "User another account" option it will required password wich does not exist for an O365 group.

Can you tell me what is the procedure to add an O365 group as a shared team email address?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @andrer,

If you don't have an indivdual login for your email then connecting through that system will not be possible. 

Thanks,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Jenny,

I believe you should get acquainted with what are O365 groups and how they work. It'd be great to be able to use Office 365 groups as team emails in HubSpot.

Once you got it we can resume this discussion.

Andre

Highlighted
New Contributor

Microsoft is pushing the Groups feature going forward.  We use a Group to manage our shared calendar for the sales team.   Many Office 365 admins are just familiarizing themselves with Groups, but you will see more of this as teams can create groups from within SharePoint or Exchange and then face the same issue Andre reported.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Jenny (or Hubspot suport) 

Keen to use an Office 365 shared group account to manage our support queries in the ServiceHub. Would prefer to do this rather than license the email as a user as this will be an extra cost to our Microsoft Account.

As an interim we are going to explore using the hosted email feature but is there a way we can keep updated on where this piece of work is in the Hubspot development timelines? 

Thank you Mark

Highlighted
New Contributor

Lets me just join the crowd and push for you integrating with O365 groups.
Its really the Microsoft way of handling shared inboxes and does really not make sense for you to not connect with.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I d also like to see Office 365 Group Mails to be usable in Hubspot. Heart

Highlighted

Hi,

Just wanted to re-emphasize how nice it would be if I could link hubspot with my team's O365 groups.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Agree with my fellow users here:

Office 365 groups seems to be Microsoft priority and goal for all its customers.
We have a group setup for customer support that I'd like all emails to go into hubspot inbox.

I think its a good idea that team emails (often a shared inbox) can be added here.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Coming up on 2 yrs and no resolution. I thought this would be a pretty popular/high priority feature with so many O365 shared inboxes being created. Not sure why there isn't more noise about this.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Does this mean that an additional standalone Office 365 user license is required to be used for the 'team email' for the conversations inbox?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ShojinIG 

Currently, it means that HubSpot is not possible to connect because the shared inbox is currently not able to connect group emails without login/password credentials - this includes email accounts like O365 shared group email or Google groups.

As a workaround is possible to set up a hosted email in HubSpot, and then forward emails from your mail client to the hosted email. Here's the article with the steps on this:

Forward emails to a hosted email address in the conversations inbox.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I am chiming in on this. Our "info@modum.io" and "sales@modum.io" accounts are Exchange shared mailboxes, which in Office 365 is being replaced with Shared Group Accounts.

However, the case is the same. These mailboxes do NOT have individual login credentials. Therefore the issue is exaclty as decribed by the original poster. 

Like this, the whole "Conversations Inbox" feature of Hubspot is useless for us. It is key for a CRM to be able to connect to a shared mailbox!

Thanks for raising this issue with your product management. Best regards

Yves

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Hi Pam,

Even if you've got a workaround it should not be necessary 2 years to fix this issue.

Could you please speed up the fix of this issue internally so that the use of Office Groups is a native feature of HubSpot?

Many thanks in advance,
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Pam,

Is there any plan to change this in the hubspot system. Given MS 365 is now built around groups and teams with shared emails and drives, driven by Covid, it would be really helpful to get the functionality to set up shared emails. All our shared emails are "sales@", "hello@" etc. and we need these to capture inbound customer enquiries. 

If it is on the roadmap when can we expect it to be released? If not on the roadmap can it be added?

Thank you.

Tim

Highlighted

Dealing with the same issue here. We want to capture the data from inbound emails coming into a "sales@" email, which is managed through Outlook 365 Teams. Hopefully this process will be made simple soon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Adding what little weight I have to this conversation. HubSpot is useless without the capability of connecting an Office 365 Group email. Please support ASAP or we will be looking for a different CRM or solution.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @ashelley,@TimmyJ@andrer  and @yvesholenstein,

The reason why it's not possible to connect with 365 groups it's because there is not a current way to connect an inbox to HubSpot without having a username and password.

With that being said I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. I encourage you to upvote here since it will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

All,

This is possible. The only thing you have to do is do a password reset on the group or shared mailbox in the exchange admin center... Then login to the shared or group mailbox and done.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

If it's a Group there is no way to perform a password reset from the EAC (neither old version nor new).

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey @PamCotton this scenario is exactly the same as connecting to a Facebook Company Page:

You will need to allow the user to sign in as themselves, then you'll need to query the Office 365 user for what groups he/she is part of in the target O365 tenant, and provide a list of those. Then the user will pick one group, and you can grab that identity and set up a connection to it - and NOT connect with the authorizing users inbox.

Same scenario applies for Google Groups.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @Mads-Identity,

I would recommend posting your feedback on this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum since it will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot.

Kindly,

Pam