Not seeing email replies in hubspot browser or app

Highlighted
New Contributor

In the Hubspot browser and app, I see "email activity" that a contact has opened my emails. However, their reply doesn't appear or show anywhere in Hubspot (browser or app), only in my email client (gmail and iphone mail app).

1. Are email replies supposed to appear in Hubspot itself?

2. If so, any ideas why mine are not?

If it helps, my email provider is Zoho, and I'm using domain-specific addresses (x@mydomain.com).  I'm sending email through Gmail/browser.

When I send an email, I can see in Hubspot CRM that the recipient opens the email. 

However, I don't see their reply in the CRM.

I'm assuming the reply should be in there?

Would really appreciate help, this is day 5 of trying to get this thing set up & I'm starting to lose it Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
New Contributor

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Help, anyone? Please?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @cowgirlish,

Do you mind sharing more information and specific examples of emails that are not logging in HubSpot? 

If you are using the 1:1 email tool, then email replies to emails that were sent either through HubSpot your through your inbox with the bcc address should populate in HubSpot.

If you are using the conversations tool then all incoming emails should come into HubSpot?

If you can share specific examples, that would be great! 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how I set up email (had an EPIC "chat" with Hubspot support helping me do that) - so can't confirm if it's set up with the  1:1 email tool or what. If you need that info, please let me know how to check this.

Here's an example of my problem:

1. I send an email from gmail to a hubspot contact

2. The contact opens the email & replies

3. I see in their Hubspot contact record that they opened the email, but their reply is not displayed in Hubspot. I do see their reply in gmail.

Honestly, I've spent about a week trying to get Hubspot working. I would really like to stop focusing on this & have it help my workflow - instead of suck up more time trying to figure out how to connect things to other things. Can I pay for support to help me get up and running? Or anything you can suggest?? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @cowgirlish,

Thank you for the information! 

I took a look at the settings I can see for your email connection and it looks like the connection for the email inbox associated with your Community user is not connected properly. 

Can you please try connecting your inbox with the settings of the other connected inbox in your portal (the same imap and smtp ports and servers) and see if you have success? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes