Sales Email

Nicole-Concept

Not able to connect my proton email into hubspot

Hi team, 

Im trying to connect my proton mail to hubspot as my personal mail throught the SMPT/IMAP route, but the port number and server number does not match with the ones requested by the platform. 

Proton gives me a number for the server name, while hubspot ask me for a domain (imap.example.com/smpt.example.com), I tried with imap.mailproton.com and server number 1143, but it shows me an error that the imap credentials are wrong. 
I know its not impossible to connect them because my manager was able to do so a long ago an he doesnt remember. 

Can anyone help here?

Proton is providing me with this information: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 1.02.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 1.05.17 PM.png

4 Replies 4
RobertD5

For SMTP you need to request a token. First contact support and you will be able to generate the token.

I was not able to configure the IMAP settings, hence those are not shared. Those that you have used are for the bridge function. 127.0.0.1 is the address of the machine itself, so it will not work.

I tried to use the basic authentication and imap.protonmail.com but was not able to authenticate.

From support of Proton mail they refere back to an article but it is not providing sufficient information for this.

I will try again this weekend reply if it works!

YSoub

Hi @Nicole-Concept and @kvlschaefer ,

Do you find any solution to connect a proton mail with HubSpot?

It's a shame to see two services offering excellent benefits but which are not compatible with each other.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @YSoub,

Thank you for your feedback! 

I would recommend reviewing the IMAP requirements in this knowledge base article to verify if your Proton email can be connected to HubSpot. 

If your email client doesn't meet the requirements, it unfortunately will not be possible to connect your Proton email client to HubSpot at this time. 

Thank you for your understanding,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nicole-Concept,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to share the technical requirements  to connect your IMAP/SMTP inbox to HubSpot, in addition to this setup guide

I would recommend making sure that your account meets those requirements and trying out the steps in the set up guide.

If you're still unable to connect your email to HubSpot, I would invite you to continue partnering with our technical support team on your open ticket as they have access to troubleshooting tools to assist you with this matter.

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !