Sales Email

JBack

Never Log settings don't work! Help please...

I am trying to "Never Log" emails from specific users and domains.  

I've added emails to the Never Log Lists and tried blocking for all users and for myself.  

However - no matter what I do - when I get an email from a user on the 'Never Log' list - they still get created (with me as the owner) and now my CRM is cluttered with junk.

Has anyone come across a solution for this?  It seems the "Never Log" list does not work.

3 Replies 3
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JBack 

Thank you for reaching out. 

The Never Log list is used to prevent logging emails when they are being sent, not received. From what I understand here, those are inbound emails that are logged/create contacts in HubSpot, is that correct? 

I'm wondering if you connected your inbox as a team email. In which case, every incoming email would get in the Conversations > Inbox in HubSpot. The Never Log list does not apply to email threads initiated by emails sent to a shared/team inbox. To prevent that, set up email filters in your conversations inbox. They will then get in the 'filtered' view of the Conversations Inbox. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JBack

Thanks for the reply Tiphana.

You are correct (I think) that the contacts are being created on inbound emails where I am one of the reciepants to an internal email - or just any email coming into my inbox from someone that has nothing to do with our business.  I just want to eliminate those emails from creating contacts and then logging everything.

No one has connected our inbox as 'team email' as far as I know.  

Any ideas on how to avoid logging inbound emails?  And what does the "Never Log" list do if it still logs everything?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JBack 

Thank you for your reply. 

If incoming emails come into Conversations > Inbox, the inbox has been connected as a team email. This is different from a personal email. You can find the difference between the two connections here. If you want to keep the mails in the Conversations inbox, you will need to follow the previously mentioned steps: setting up email filters in your conversations inbox. They will then get in the 'filtered' view of the Conversations Inbox. 

If you don't want those even in the filtered view of the Conversations inbox and that you don't mind not receiving the emails in the Conversations inbox, you will need to disconnect your email as a shared/team inbox and then connect it again as a personal inbox

The Never Log List is used when you send emails from the records (Contacts records, deals records, etc) or when you send emails from your inbox (Gmail, Outlook...) with the HubSpot Sales extension installed. When you connect an inbox as a personal inbox; and that you have the HubSpot Sales extension installed, no incoming emails will be logged in HubSpot. (except if they are a reply to an already logged email). 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !