Sales Email

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Microsoft deprecating Basic Authentication for Exchange Online

What is it?

Microsoft is deprecating Basic Authentication for Exchange Online in October 2022 and requiring Modern Authentication.

HubSpot’s Exchange integration uses Basic Authentication. However, our integration is designed for Exchange On-Premises instances, which are not affected by this change and will continue to be able to use Basic Authentication after October. 

If you are an Exchange Online user and affected by this change, you can connect to HubSpot using our Outlook integration instead. Our Outlook integration is compatible with cloud hosted Exchange and uses OAuth, a form of Modern Authentication. You can reconnect your inbox using the Outlook integration at any time.

Which HubSpot features are impacted?

Connected personal inboxes using the Exchange integration.

Action Needed

If you are hosted with Exchange Online and using our Exchange integration, please reconnect your inbox using the Outlook integration. This will prevent your inbox from disconnecting in October when Microsoft revokes the Basic Authentication used to connect your inbox. At that point, you will no longer be able to reconnect with the Exchange integration and will be forced to connect with Outlook.

If you are unable to connect with Outlook, or unsure if you are an Exchange Online user, work with your local IT team.

Reminder: If you are hosted with Exchange On-Premises, no action is needed. 

3 Replies 3
SRigamonti

Hi, Exchange user trying to make a connection via Outlook.
I keep having the same error 400: Error hitting api
Everything is all right on your side?
Thank you!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SRigamonti,

thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're not seeing an increase in error reports from other customers. Have you already tried following the steps in this Knowledge base article?

If you'll still be experiencing issues after this, I'd recommend reaching out to support or creating a new Community article here.

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

thank you @hroberts ! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/