Sales Email

MSurley
Membro

Mail incoming into Hubspot gets filed directly into trash

This has just started hapening recently where incoming mail into Hubspot is being sent directly into Trash, rather than into Email. This even occurs when people reply to our emails. I just want to reitterate this is for mail which is incoming into hobspot, not our outgoing emails going into recepients trash.  

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Jnix284
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @MSurley Happy to help, just need a little clarification about what is happening.

What do you mean by "into the recipient's trash"? Is it making it to the timeline/activity feed in HubSpot and just not making it to their inbox for your outlook/gmail or mail program?

Where are they sending from, directly from HubSpot or through the email client?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

MSurley
Membro

Hi Jnix,

The issue is with mail that is incoming into Hobspot, not into recepients mailboxes. All our incoming mail FROM recepients is going directly into the Hubspot Trash folder, when it should be coming into the Hubspot Email folder.

0 Avaliação positiva
Jnix284

@MSurley 

Thank you for clarifying. According to this HS knowledge base article about the conversation inbox, emails in the trash are still visible in the timeline and can be restored.

If they are in the trash, you should still see them in the contact timeline for 30 days, what is strange to me is that you aren't seeing them anywhere except the trash? Have you attempted to restore any of them from the trash?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

MSurley
Membro

Yes, I can restore them from the trash and they will appear back in the Email folder. The difficulty is sifting though purpursefully deleted emails to find the ones that shouldn't be there. It most instances it's easy as they're unread and can be found quickly and restored. I'm juts not sure why they end up there in the first place.

0 Avaliação positiva
Jnix284

In all my years using inbox, I've never had an email in the trash - on purpose or accident. We close conversations and they're archived, we don't delete them. If they shouldn't be there, they are marked spam. I guess that's what is throwing me for a loop a bit. Perhaps HubSpot is smart enough to delete messages it thinks you don't want?