Sales Email

LPyle
Participant

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Good Morning Community 🙂

Is there a way to make the "last contacted" dropdown on a contact update automatically when you send an e-amil or use another form of contact through Hubspot? 

I currently make e-mail templates and send them to certain contacts as I need, but always forget to go back into the individual contact to update that I last contacted them on the date I sent my commnications. My boss likes to be ableto open any contact at any point and quickly see when the last communication was had on the contacts profile. 

Help or a way to do this the "easy way" would be fantastic!

Thank you 🙂 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

On a Starter subscription, it's not possible to do this. It requires the automation features of a Professional license (incl. workflows).

However, you don't need this. There is a default property, already set up in your portal, named exactly the same which you only have to find and which updates automatically. I would be very surprised if it didn't exist in yours. It always does.

Click "View all properties" in the left sidebar of a contact and search for "Last contacted". You should find the default property there. You can then customize your record sidebar to include this correct property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
LPyle
Participant

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

This is the screen shot:

LPyle_0-1641283108534.png

Can you give methe contact for support? I thought this was support - sorry! 🙂

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

No problem at all. Still, very unusual.

You can contact support through the purple in-app help widget at the lower right of the screen or through this page: https://help.hubspot.com/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
LPyle
Participant

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

This doesn't help? 

I am not sure why I can seem to do somthingtaht you say I shouldn't? Our whole company can?

Is tere a way this can be chatted throughon thephone?

🙂

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

Could you confirm that you've followed these steps?

Navigate to a contact record

Click "View all properties" in the left sidebar

Search "Last contacted"

Take a screenshot and share it here

Alternatively: Navigate to Settings > Properties > search for "Last contacted" > share screenshot.

There are two things that could be happening here:

(1) It's a bug. Usually HubSpot portals have "Last contacted" as an automatically populated property but in this case, it is not automatically updating. In this case you would go through HubSpot support.

(2) The property you're looking at was set up by a user in your company and is not automatically updated. You cannot get this property to automatically updated with your subscription. However, if you replace it with the HubSpot default property, it should work perfectly fine. To confirm this, please follow the steps at the beginning of this post and share a screenshot.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

Are you referring to HubSpot's default property "Last contacted"? This should not be a dropdown and cannot be edited.

It is set automatically by HubSpot based on the latest date of the activities in the record (the last date and time a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting was logged for the contact).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
LPyle
Participant

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

This is an example of the profile… I am talking about the very bottom drop box on this picture named “Last Contacted” I want a way to make this update automatically when I have sent some comms, not me having to go back into it to do it manually.

Thank you 😊

hubspot.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

This updates automatically with the the last date and time of a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting, it's a default property. It is "set automatically by HubSpot based on the latest date of the activities in the record".

No need to update it manually. (It's actually not even possible.)

Are you able to edit this property manually? If yes, it must've been created manually by someone. In that case I'd recommend you do not work with this custom property but the default property mentioned above.

If you can't edit it manually, it should, as explained above, update automatically.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
LPyle
Participant

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

LPyle_0-1640953731006.png

You can seehere that it is something I have to do manually, it never updates automatically. If you don't put anything in it at the beginning, it just stays blank, if you do, then the dates never change unless you do it manually.

🙂

I HAVE to use it, my boss likes to be able to scan quickly to see it! So, I'd like it to automatically update.

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Last Contacted Date

SOLVE

Hi @LPyle,

On a Starter subscription, it's not possible to do this. It requires the automation features of a Professional license (incl. workflows).

However, you don't need this. There is a default property, already set up in your portal, named exactly the same which you only have to find and which updates automatically. I would be very surprised if it didn't exist in yours. It always does.

Click "View all properties" in the left sidebar of a contact and search for "Last contacted". You should find the default property there. You can then customize your record sidebar to include this correct property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes