Sales Email

MarianaParks
Mitglied

Is there a way to connect previous deleted contact emails to an existing deal?

lösung

I was trying to organize my contacts because when I look at them the name and emails are the same. So I deleted the contacts and added them again (terrible idea), however, I lost all the information on the deals I created, like the contacts associated with each company and each company's website, as well as all the tracking regarding the contacts, emails open, etc. Is there a way to fix it, other than re-adding each email to the associate deal manually?

Thank you!

Mariana

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
deepikaverma
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in | Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Partner

lösung

Hi @MarianaParks 
If you have deleted  the contacts and then restoring those records. Then it will bring the associted activities again as before.
However, If you are trying to log the deal activities on contacts then it wont show, because HS follow some rules for associations.
Here is the doc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

Thanks!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
deepikaverma
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in | Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Partner

lösung

Hi @MarianaParks 
If you have deleted  the contacts and then restoring those records. Then it will bring the associted activities again as before.
However, If you are trying to log the deal activities on contacts then it wont show, because HS follow some rules for associations.
Here is the doc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

Thanks!

MarianaParks
Mitglied

lösung
Thank you for your answer!
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @MarianaParks,

As far as I know, there isn't. There is an option to restore records in HubSpot which also should bring back activity: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/restore-deleted-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

However it sounds like you have in the meantime manually re-added the contacts and this might not work anymore as HubSpot does not accept two records with the same email address. It's worth a try however.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MarianaParks
Mitglied

lösung
Hi, thank you for your answer.

I already restored the contact like in the first step you mentioned.
However, the contacts still don't show up on the deals.

Any suggestions?
0 Upvotes