Integration with Outlook for Mac

JessHawk

I am trying to integrate with outlook for mac, and we are on version 15.33 or later, but it doesn't appaer to be connecting.

Any advice?

49 Replies 49
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Users with Outlook for Mac for Office 365  must posess an Outlook 365 email address, and will need to download the Outlook 365 add-in (scroll down to Install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in)

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Bhulsy

Unfortunately, some of the features are not working properly - like templates and sequences.

Granted, these can be run from within the app, but the outlook integration is not quite there.   

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

O365 connected inbox

o365 add-in

I would be happy to add some screenshots to show what happens when you try to add a template from outlook - a giant check mark.

0 Upvotes
AndyA
Participant

@edjusten The outlook365 workaroud is clumsy for those of us who already use Outlook on a Mac. 

Are there plans for Hubspot to integrate with Outlook on the Mac or is that out of the question? It will of course affect futrure purchase plans.  

anneliespr

Hi @edjusten 

To confirm, are you saying it won't be possible to link my email threads from Outlook into  Hubspot  on my Mac?

Thanks, Annelies

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @anneliespr,

You can associate your emails with HubSpot by using the BCC address, and if your inbox is hosted by Office 365, you can download the O365 extension on Macs.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
tccglobal
Participant

Hello,

when sending emails, one does not always think of putting the BCC/CCI hubspot address.

Question: is there a way like with salesforce.com to have both Outlook 365 mac and hubspot automatically synchronise emails through exchange server in the background?

Do I need to buy this feature, hubgrade my free hubspot to a paid one?

Wich is fine as the aim of your company is to make money once people are engaged, not to develop all for free.

Merci.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @tccglobal,

That is not currently possible on any subscription level. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
michaelcarbon
Participant

Hey, I have the extension in my outlook for mac but I seem to have to tick the two boxes every single time. Is that how it is mean to work or can I set it do that by default? It feels very clumsy as it stands.

pzulli
Participant

I’ve followed the steps but cannot have emails sent from O365 on Mac sync with Hubspot Sales.  

I use Outlook as my email client to manage a google email (Gmail is our company email). Looks like the extensions only support gmail if you are using gmail as your email client.

Is that accurate? … or can I manage gmail from Outlook and connect Hubspot add-in?

0 Upvotes
wbMM
Participant

No, this use case won't work. You can BCC the hubspot log email address for your account and it will read the To address and log the email to that contact record.

Outlook must be using an Office 365 server in order for you to implement the add-in.

JuliaFrank

I wrote yesterday and today with the support via your chat tool at your HubSpot website. I have also problems with Hubspot sales integration and Outlook on Mac. The support recommended me to download the O365 plugin - but it is a .exe file. Usually, .exe files are for Windows, aren't they? Is there any suitable file for Mac? It seems that a lot of Mac useres have these problems with the integration.

I also tried to download it via the Microsoft Store, but it was also not successful. We have following Outlook version: 16.37

I have also a laptop with Windows and there it was easy going by doing it via Microsoft Store. So I think it is a technical problem of HubSpot.

Do you have any other recommendations for me? 

Thanks for your support.

RichardCabrera
Participant

Ed,
To do this you need your email service running on an exchange server.
This is not always the case.

0 Upvotes
Rich145

That is really helpful and is actually what I've been doing with the BCC scenario.

Unfortunately my outlook is working off a POP 3 the time being but it's going to change to and Exchange shortly so that should be okay.

Thanks again.

Best wishes

0 Upvotes
MichaelSimpson

I am having the same issue with Hub Spot.  I have a Outlook 365 account but use Outlook for Mac version 16.22 (latest version).  I enter the email and password for the exchange server where the email is hosted...but it wont connect with hubspot.

oldskoul
Participant

I need a plug in and for Hubspot to be intergrated in Outlook 2019 for MAC.   I hope it is in the works. 

irenehg

I've been following this topic for a while now and I've not seen any commitment from Hubspot in this direction. The lack of support for Mac mail clients really undermines Hubspot's usability for Mac users, I hope we have some good news soon.

oldskoul
Participant

I need it to work intergrated with Outlook for Mac 2019 stand alone.  My work around is if i want to track something i use WEBMAIL of gmail.   Not the best...  I hope hubspot adds. 

Rich145

I have outlook on my Mac - any juy getting this to intergrate??

0 Upvotes
RichardCabrera
Participant

This is what I did today:

I received my mail account settings by mail.

I did not use the mac integration but the generic one in HubSpot.

Fill in your own IMAP Port number or Pop3 port number.

I hope this will help.

Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)

Username:

your email

Password:

Use the email account’s password.

Incoming Server:

mail.your email

IMAP Port: XXX POP3 Port: XXX

Outgoing Server:

mail.your email

SMTP Port: XXX

IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.

Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @RichardCabrera,

Thank you so much for sharing this! 

To add some additional context, I just wanted to note that HubSpot does not currently support Pop3. For more information, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

RichardCabrera
Participant

Unfortunately installing the HubSpot Sales add-in is not possible when working on an IMAP mail server. You really need your mail account running on a Windows exchange server to be able to install the Hubspot sales add-in. I have been testing this for 2 days with the helpdesk of Microsoft.

Exchange and IMAP are the same in that they both synchronize email from multiple devices, like tablets, computers and smartphones. On the surface they are similar, but each offers distinct features.

IMAP

With an IMAP protocol, email messages are stored on a remote email server. The email remains on the server until the user deletes it. IMAP thus allows the user the freedom to check their email from a variety of devices. So whether you’re on your laptop at home, your desktop at work, or using a tablet to catch up on communication while travelling, you have access to all of your mail on the mail server. When you read email on your laptop, it will automatically be marked as “read” on your other devices- helping you keep organized, prioritized and productive. Because your email is stored on a mail server it’s considered safer and is backed up regularly by your Internet service provider (ISP).

IMAP also allows multiple users access to shared mailboxes. Each user can quickly identify which messages need attention, and which have been dealt with. Messages can be “flagged” and/or filed into user created folders.

Exchange

A Microsoft protocol, Exchange offers the all the same convenient email syncing function as IMAP, but it also gives you the power to sync tasks, contacts and calendars with co-workers, and view them from any device. This makes Exchange an ideal solution for organizations that depend heavily on collaboration and often work remotely. With Exchange, incoming as well as sent mail is always available on multiple computers or devices. When using IMAP, incoming mail is stored on the mail server but sent items are stored locally.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

For a full list of which extensions are supported by different clients and inbox types, I wanted to share this resource.

As outlined in that document: 

Chrome extension

Office 365 add-in

Outlook desktop add-in

Email host Gmail or G Suite Office 365 Any
Email client

Gmail/G Suite in Chrome

Outlook on the web Outlook.com 
Outlook for Mac
Outlook 2019
Outlook 2016 

Outlook 2013 
Outlook 2010
Operating system Mac, PC Mac, PC PC only
System requirements N/A N/A Microsoft Windows 7,8, or 10
Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016
Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 tools for Office Runtime
.NET 4.6 or higher
Connected inbox required No* Yes No*
Centrally deploy/install for multiple users Available Available Not available
Quick install links Install Install Install
Install instructions Jump to instructions Jump to instructions Jump to instructions
0 Upvotes
wbMM
Participant

Got an error that REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox. Any suggestions?Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 2.23.31 PM.png

I have Outlook Mac 2016 and am on a 365 account. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

HI @wbMM

I wanted to share this resource which discusses this error message. If this does not match the set up you have on your computer, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JudahOME
Participant

It's ridiculous that you don't have an plugin for Exchange Outlook on Mac in 2020.

tccglobal
Participant

Hello,

hubspot has one, I use it myself.

It works with office 365 for mac. Could it be a client or a server (exchange).

Cheers.

Jerome.

0 Upvotes
GenesisStamford
Contributor

Can someone at Hubspot at least tell us if Outlook on the Mac (not 365) will be supported in the future as many of us have multiple users that have a Mac.  I also need to make a business decision on which platform to recommend. Thank you.

SheldonK
Participant

It would be great if the developers would allow 3rd party providers that host Exchange servers to connect.  At the very least develop a Mac version of Outlook Desktop.  Using IMAP is ok but we lose out on many other features like Calendar Sync.  

0 Upvotes
dshamash

I'm having this same problem. The emails don't track even though I've checked off tracking.

0 Upvotes