Inbox Mail>Deal assignation by thread name (feature request)

benno
Contributor

Situation: We are a travel agent and have service providers who work with us on a large number of deals. Some service providers might work with us on 100+ deals.

Problem: Every time an email from our service providers comes in those are getting assigned to all 100+ mails where this service provider is also part of the deal. How can we fix this?

A Solutions could be to assign emails to a deal not based on who sent the mail (contact) but based on what the thread title is.

5 Replies 5
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@benno  just a thought  - change your subject line to include travel agency looking for - . This way others in your industry who may have solutions can weigh in. 

The first thing I would do it check the way comments for the deal are logging in.  

What subscription do you have? (free, starter, etc)

benno
Contributor

Hi! I don't want to limit this only to travel agents so I won't change the headline for now. Anyone who works with service providers (who will eventuall be connected to multiple deals) will experience this problem. As long as deals are a simple 1-contact-for-1-deal setup HubSpot works well.

As soon as service providers come into play this is a huge mess and I'm astonished that there isn't even a way to "unassign from all". Imagine finding an email assigned to 100+ deals and having to click 100 times.... argh!

I'm on a "Marketing Hub Enterprise" account.

What do you mean with "The first thing I would do it check the way comments for the deal are logging in."?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@benno  As you have an Enterprise account, have you reached out through support directly to HubSpot?

In my deals there is a box to check to have conversations linked. It shows up when creating a deal. 

0 Upvotes
benno
Contributor

Yes, I have. As mentioned, the issue is not so much when I want to CREATE a deal. It is when a service provider who is part of many deals sends us an email. Since email assignatino works not based on email title but on contact basis, those emails get assigned to ALL deals where this contact is a part of. Here a screen recording to show the problem: https://screencast.com/t/T3dhl9RF

0 Upvotes
benno
Contributor
0 Upvotes